Country-Style Ribs with Peach Ginger Glaze
For slow braising I usually buy them boneless, but for grilling I prefer bone-in; it gives me something to hold on to while ripping into them. This recipe results in tender ribs that are both sweet and savory and are sure to please. Enjoy!
I started by quickly wiping about 4 pounds of country-style pork ribs with paper towels to remove any bone fragments when they were cut.
In a small bowl I combined 2 teaspoons each of curry powder and smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon New Mexico chile powder (or any mild), 1/2 teaspoon each of ground cumin, dried thyme and garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon each of cayenne and allspice, 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar and 2 tablespoons olive oil. This will make just enough to rub over the ribs.
I placed the ribs in a large glass pan and smeared the ribs with the marinade turning them to make sure they were thoroughly coated. Like I noted before, there will be just enough to coat them. I covered them with plastic and let them sit in the fridge for 8 hours but they can go 24 hours if you like.
While the ribs were marinating I got going on the glaze/sauce. In a small pot I combined 1 jar (18oz) peach preserves, 3 teaspoons fresh grated ginger, juice from 1 lime, 1/3 cup chili sauce (Heinz), 2 teaspoons dijon mustard and 1 tablespoon brown sugar and let it simmer over medium low for about 10 minutes to combine the flavors then removed it from the heat until ready to use.
I took the ribs out of the fridge and let them rest for 30 mins at room temperature. I heated my grill to medium high and cooked the ribs for about 5 minutes per side. I brushed them with the peach glaze and grilled them for another 3 minutes on each side until they were done medium well (very slightly pink) then removed them to a platter and brushed them with the glaze again.
And this is what you end up with. Insanely good ribs! Enjoy!
|Country-Style Ribs with Peach Ginger Glaze|
- 4 pounds bone-in country style pork ribs
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon New Mxico chile powder (or any mild)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vineger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar (18oz) peach preserves
- 3 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/3 cup chile sauce (such as Heinz)
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Wipe down the ribs with paper towels to remove any bone fragments. Mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl to combine. Place the ribs in a large glass dish and smear the marinade on all sides of the ribs, turning them to make sure they’re coated. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 8-24 hours.
- In a small sauce pan combine all the glaze ingredients and simmer over medium low heat for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit until ready to use. If it thickens to much when cooled, just reheat a little before glazing the ribs.
- Remove the ribs from the fridge and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes prior to grilling. Heat a grill to medium high and grill the ribs for about 5 minutes per side. Slather both sides with the glaze and cook another 3 minutes per side or until done to medium well (very slightly pink). Remove to a platter and slather with the glaze again. Serve any remaining glaze along side the meal.
The prep time does not include the marinating time for the ribs. This is a great recipe to prep the day before grilling.
Tags: barbecue, country style ribs, entree, ginger, grilled, main, peach, pork
Copyright © FillYourBelly [Country-Style Ribs with Peach Ginger Glaze], All Right Reserved. 2012.
Anyone can join.
Anyone can contribute.
Anyone can become informed about their world.
"United We Stand" Click Here To Create Your Personal Citizen Journalist Account Today, Be Sure To Invite Your Friends.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation.
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
MitoCopper - Bioavailable Copper destroys pathogens and gives you more energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video).