Portuguese egg tart is one famous egg tart which originated from the ex-Portuguese colony Macau. However, it is now widely sold almost the whole Asia-Pacific region. Since I have already started the tart project, I shall not miss out this mouthwatering specialty as well. I was at first inspired by this beautiful blog, here. Then there is another inspiration which caught my attention by Gregoire Mischaud. Definitely, there’s more to put into trial. Oh…. I am a happy baker ! Thanks to the internet. Please read on.
Ingredients for pastry dough crust :
250gm all purpose flour
50gm cold butter, chopped
130ml warm water
1 TB sugar
a pinch of salt
100gm margarine or shortening
* extra flour for working table
(1) dissolved sugar & salt into warm water then set aside to cool.
(2) put together flour and butter then rub till became fine crumb.
(3) stir water mixture into flour mixture till soft dough is formed.
(4) wrap dough with plastic sheet and keep chilled for 15 minutes.
(5) now, roll dough to 1cm thickness and spread on 90gm of margarine then fold flat dough into half, seal the edges and chill for 30 minutes.
(6) again, roll chilled dough to 1cm thickness, make a single fold (no need to seal) then keep chilled to set for 15 minutes.
(7) now, roll chilled dough to 1cm thickness for the final round, make a single fold (no need to seal) then keep chilled to set for 30 minutes.
(8) finally, flatten chilled dough to 2mm thickness and spread on the remaining margarine, roll up the dough like a swiss roll.(as picture shown as the above).And keep into freezer to set for 30 minutes.
(9) when done, cut rolled dough into 10 equal portions and press each into egg tart moulds by the cutting point facing up. Slightly push the side dough a bit higher than the mould.
(10) again keep pressed dough to refrigerator for 20 minutes before filling in the creamy egg mixture.
Note : Always greased the cups or mould before pressing in any dough and do not used flour coating.
Ingredients for creamy egg custard fillings :
210gm (225ml) heavy cream
2 egg yolks
1/2 tspn vanilla extract
(1) mix together milk and sugar then simmer over medium heat till sugar dissolved. Set aside to cool.
(2) finally, beat the remaining ingredients together till well cooperated.
(3) strain egg mixture by a sieve and fill into pastry cups.
Finally, bake at preheated oven 230′C for about 25-30 minutes or till golden brown.
And here it is !!! These babies turned out looking terribly gorgeous and the crust is perfect. Flaky & crunchy ! Just like it is described.
These tarts look exactly something to die for. You know what I mean !!! haha…. I bet you can’t even stop at one. Hope you all going to have a great week ahead. Enjoy !
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation.
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
MitoCopper - Bioavailable Copper destroys pathogens and gives you more energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video).