I just love Fuzhou pastry. Love the layering crust, flaky and melt in your month kind of pastry. And the best thing is NO egg glazing needed on this. This round I am working on the mochi filling. Please check out my last batch of Fuzhou pastry mooncke here. I flattened it a bit more compare to the previous one, which caused the pastry looks absolutely stunning and extremely thin. Though the previous pastry looks thicker, it is as flaky and yummy. Please read on for more.
This Fuzhou pastry is actually more easier to handle compare to other recipe. There’s nothing to fear of ! So, may the little project begin.
Ingredients for mochi dough :
80gm glutinous rice flour
20gm wheat starch
2-1/2 TB sugar
1/2 tspn banana essence
2 TB corn oil
(1) beat everything till well cooperated then steam for 18 minutes over preheated steamer,
(2) leave cooled completely then knead dough till smooth by flipping & overlap the dough. Finally, weight 10gm each and wrap it into red bean filling.
120gm all purpose flour
15gm icing sugar
45gm butter, melted
70ml cold water
110gm all purpose flour
*Homemade Dou yong filling : 400gm
(divide into 10 portions 40gm each)
(1) in one bowl, combine ingredients (A) except water, rub butter & the dry ingredients till well cooperated. Then add in water to form a non-stick soft.dough. Knead to smooth then set aside.
(2) in another bowl, combine ingredients (B) till everything well cooperated then divide into 10 portions.
(3) at the same time, divide dough (A) into 10 portions as well, then wrap ingredient (B) into (A) and sealed to form a ball. And leave aside to rest for 20 minutes
(4) for further rolling method, please refer here, Chinese Pastry, or here.
(5) now, press both end of the pastry dough into center then flatten it by rolling it into round shape.
(6) wrap mochi into dou yong filling then round it.
(7) then wrap dou yong with pastry dough and sealed it, place the sealing part by facing down then slightly flatten it with the rolling pin.
(8) transfer filled dough to baking tray line with parchment paper then bake at preheated oven 185′-190′C for about 20 minutes or till nicely brown.
Yeap, these pastry turns out looking really good. Nicely brown too !
The moment I’ve been waiting for ……. slice the pastry into half and take a good look at it. Gosh, not bad at all huh ! The crust is really smooth & delicious, and the filling is so tempting. I took two in one go >o
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)
Immusist Beverage Concentrate - Proprietary blend, formulated to reduce inflammation while hydrating and oxygenating the cells.