This salted egg yolk pastry is one of many Taiwanese specialty, but is widely sold in Malaysia many years back. Nowadays, you can easily get these pastry from any bakery shop or Chinese pastry shop. However, I’ll have to say homemade is always the best cause it’s fresh from your own oven. I really enjoy working out with pastry. It’s as good as bread making, brings joy and also the best & cheapest stress therapy for most mama. The other day, one of my reader mentioned that my Fuzhou mooncake looks just like those selling at Thye Moh Chan Bakery Shop. Wow, what a compliment ! Thank you so much Priscilla for your lovely words.
**Note : For time being kindly use your mobile online to enter or upload my blog page. Thank you.
Ingredients for Pastry Dough :
120gm all purpose flour
15gm icing sugar
45gm butter, melted
70ml cold water
110gm all purpose flour
*Homemade Dou yong filling : 400gm
(divide into 10 portions 40gm each)
* 5 pcs salted egg yolk
* some black sesame for topping
* egg glazing : 1 egg yolk mixed with 1 tspn milk
(1) in one bowl, combine ingredients (A) except water, rub butter & the dry ingredients till well cooperated. Then add in water to form a non-stick soft.dough. Knead to smooth then set aside.
(2) in another bowl, combine ingredients (B) till everything well cooperated then divide into 10 portions.
(3) at the same time, divide dough (A) into 10 portions as well, then wrap ingredient (B) into (A) and sealed to form a ball. And leave aside to rest for 20 minutes
(4) for further rolling method, please refer here, Chinese Pastry, or here.
(5) now, press both end of the pastry dough into center then flatten it by rolling it into round shape.
(6) wrap egg yolk into dou yong filling then round it.
(7) then wrap dou yong with pastry dough and sealed it, place the sealing part by facing down then slightly flatten it with the rolling pin.
(8) transfer filled dough to baking tray line with parchment paper then brush on egg glazing and top with sesame seeds.
(9) finally, bake at preheated oven 185′-190′C for about 20-25 minutes or till nicely brown.
For those who prefer thinner crust, just increased your dou yong filling in 65gm each instead of 50gm. Then wrap into thin crust pastry.
Just compare the one with egg glazing and the one without. Both look as good though !
Of course, you may use lotus paste if you want to but I prefer dou yong. I like the softness & clue like of the paste. And its much cheaper than lotus paste. Hope you guys will like it too. Happy baking everyone & have fun guys !
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)
Immusist Beverage Concentrate - Proprietary blend, formulated to reduce inflammation while hydrating and oxygenating the cells.