I can’t remember when is the last time I took this pastry. I think its a pre-wedding Chinese pastry sent in by someone long long time ago. It’s also called as red bean Chinese pastry 豆沙角. Click here to check out the info. I just can’t stop thinking of it and hopefully to get one or two pieces for my own crave. Seems no luck at all ! After mastering the Chinese pastry making, I think its about time to recreate my own one. Well, I have to start from somewhere. Is it !
Here’s what I did.
Ingredients for pastry dough :
300gm all purpose flour
1 TB icing sugar
110gm cold water
190gm all purpose flour
*650gm red bean paste
(divide into 80gm each)
(1) in one bowl, combine ingredients (A) except water, rub shortening & the dry ingredients till well cooperated. Then add in water to form a non-stick soft.dough. Knead to smooth then set aside. If possible extra flour for coating.
(2) in another bowl, combine ingredients (B) till everything well cooperated then divide into 8 portions.
(3) at the same time, divide dough (A) into 8 portions as well, then wrap ingredient (B) into (A) and sealed to form a ball. And leave aside to rest for 20 minutes
(4) for further rolling method, please refer here, Chinese Pastry, or here.
(5) now, press both end of the pastry dough into center (as shown the above) then flatten it by rolling it into round shape.
(6) now, wrap red bean paste with pastry dough in oblong shape and sealed it, place the sealing part by facing down then slightly flatten it with the rolling pin.
(7) press the center of dough with chopstick to flatten it (as picture the above).
(8) next, flip and fold one end meet the other end of pastry then mark with red colouring as desired.
(9) transfer filled dough to baking tray line with parchment paper then bake at preheated oven 190-195′C for about 30 minutes or till nicely brown.
I am still not satisfied with the shaping part. The pastry should look a bit more puff up if possible.
The texture is super duper flaky & soft at the same time. Its not the usual melt in your mouth kind of pastry you can easily buy from outside. I am not joking. However, there’s still improvement to be done after this. At least, I can enjoy my own red bean pastry now.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)
Immusist Beverage Concentrate - Proprietary blend, formulated to reduce inflammation while hydrating and oxygenating the cells.