Wow, time flies past real fast ! Its almost the end of 2018 and Christmas is just another 2 weeks away. I can feel the Christmas mood coming from everywhere. So, can’t resist to bake myself an indulgence chocolate swiss roll for the celebration mood. haha….. Please read on for more.
Here’s what I did.
Ingredients for chocolate sponge :
5 egg yolks
40ml full cream milk
70gm all purpose flour
10gm corn flour
20gm cocoa powder
1/2 tspn baking powder
50ml corn oil
5 egg white
80gm fine sugar
a pinch of salt
(1) from ingredients (B), whisk egg white till foamy then add in cream of tartar & sugar one tablespoon at a time till everything well combined or till egg white became stiff. Set aside.
(2) from ingredients (A), beat egg yolk & sugar till pale & fluffy then add in milk and continue beating till everything well corporate.
(3) now, fold in flour bit by bit till well combined and then follow by adding in the oil.
(4) once its ready, transfer batter to a 9×13″ cake tray lined with parchment paper.
(5) finally, bake at preheated oven 170′C for about 25-30 minutes or till tester came out clean.
(6) next, cover sponge cake with another piece of grease proof parchment paper then transfer cake to another tray upside down. Pull away and discharge parchment paper from cake and leave only the one grease proof parchment paper below the sponge. Then roll it up along with the parchment paper while the cake is still warm, as picture shown as the above. Leave cool completely before unrolling the cake.
(7) meanwhile, whip 200ml non-daily cream till stiffed and getting ready 1 cup of thick blueberry sauce for filling.
(8) once its ready, unrolling the sponge and spread on whipped cream by using a pipping bag which is much easier. Then apply blueberry sauce to one end of the cake, where you start the rolling task.
(9) now, again re-roll the cake starts from the blueberry corner to the other end and then cover swiss roll with grease proof parchment paper. Finally, keep chilled for an hour or so before serving.
Ingredients for white chocolate garnished :
100gm white chocolate, chopped
2 TB heavy cream
Heat heavy cream till bubbling then off the heat, stir in chocolate till chocolate completely melted. Finally, transfer melted chocolate to pipping bag and then garnish over swiss roll.
Its about time to show off a little gift from my aunt. She brought home the cake server all the way from Paris. Love it so much. Thank you.
Its been awhile to have something with blueberry sauce. It is so yummy ! Happy Holiday everyone and enjoy & have a great time on this wonderful festive season with your love ones.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)
Immusist Beverage Concentrate - Proprietary blend, formulated to reduce inflammation while hydrating and oxygenating the cells.