As requested by my readers, here’s the recipe based on the used of leftover bbq chicken. Of course, if you want to try the fresh meat shaobing, it is much more juicier compare to the cooked meat. So, from the recipe given below, you may just replace the bbq chicken to fresh pork belly. But make sure the meat is well sliced and cut, and then marinade. Please read on for more.
After the first bite, you will want to ask for more. I polished off 2 in one go. haha…. Make sure you have enough to feed the family members >o
Ingredients for fillings :
500gm leftover BBQ chicken meat, diced
200gm spring onion, thinly sliced
2-1/2 TB black pepper crashed
1 tspn pepper powder
1 tspn Chinese five spice
2 TB sugar
3 TB oyster sauce
4 TB light soy sauce
1 tspn chicken granules
2 TB sesame oil
1 cup water
2 TB wheat starch
1/2 TB cornflour
( put together all seasoning and cook till thicken, then stir in chicken meat and mix well. Set aside)
Ingredients for pastry dough : (8 pcs)
2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 TB sugar
1-1/2 tspn yeast
180ml warm water
2 TB corn oil
** 100gm shortening for spreading
(1) combine flour, sugar & yeast in a big bowl mixed well. Then stir in water till dough is formed and knead till come together.
(2) now, add in corn oil and continue knead till smooth. Then let to rest for 30 minutes.
(3) when ready, again knead dough to release excess air then place it to a slightly floured working table. And flatten it by rolling into a 7×20″ sheet.
(4) next, spread on the shortening evening as picture shown below (not original photo).
(5) then roll it into a Swiss roll from the wider edge and finally, divide into 8 portions.
(6) let all 8 portions dough rest for 10 minutes then again flatten each by rolling it with one edge wider than the other side. Then fold into three folding as you can see the above picture.
(7) After the folding, let dough rest for 10 minutes then flatten it by rolling it into round disk about the size of your hand.
(8) next, fill in the meat portion and pleat half way and then fill in the spring onion and press it in. Finally, put everything comes together and pleat to nicely sealed.
(9) now, dip the smooth surface to water mixture then coat with sesame seeds.
(10) finally, bake in air fryer at 195′C for about 15 minutes or till brown and crispy.
These shaobing turns out really yummy with crispy crust. I even made one batch with vegetarian char siew. Wow, it was so so so good man !
See, how many layer it turns out ! Hope you guys will like it too. Have fun.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)
Immusist Beverage Concentrate - Proprietary blend, formulated to reduce inflammation while hydrating and oxygenating the cells.