These chicken gyros are full of fresh tomatoes and cucumber, creamy tzatziki and tender chicken. Plus, they hardly take any time at all thanks to rotisserie chicken. In about 15 minutes you can have flavorful chicken gyros assembled and ready to enjoy.
With a rotisserie chicken on hand, there’s nothing to cook if you want to make these chicken gyros. It’s just a simple assembly operation that takes just minutes to do:
- I like to warm the pita in the microwave for 30 seconds or so. Warming them makes them more pliable/wrappable.
- I like to use cherry or grape tomatoes and, depending on their size, halve or quarter them.
- For the cucumber, I like to slice them into small sticks instead of round slices. They seem to stay tucked into the pita better.
- Of course, all of the components can be adjusted to your taste – I like just a little bit of thinly sliced red onion tucked into the gyros.
- I like a generous dollop of tzatziki on top, but you can also spread some of the sauce on the pita first before you add the other ingredients.
That’s it! Fresh and fast chicken gyros made easy with rotisserie chicken. Make them for dinner or make them for lunch. Either way, they’re delicious.
easy chicken gyros
- Author: April @ Girl Gone Gourmet
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
A rotisserie chicken makes these chicken gyros a simple assembly operation instead of a cooking project. The soft pitas are filled with tender chicken, fresh tomatoes, cucumber and creamy-cool tzatziki. Use your favorite store-bought tzatziki sauce or make a batch of homemade tzatziki a few hours before you want to serve the gryos.
- 6 pita, warmed
- 12 ounces shredded rotisserie chicken
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 9 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 of English cucumber, seeded and cut into small sticks
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3/4 cups store-bought or homemade tzatziki sauce
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh dill and/or mint
- Divide the chicken, tomatoes, cucumber, and onion evenly among the pita.
- Top each with the tzatziki sauce, feta, and garnish with the chopped dill and/or mint.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)