This steak pasta with spinach is a long-time favorite recipe and is an easy 30-minute dish. Tender steak is tossed with spinach, pasta and a tangy Dijon mustard and balsamic dressing. Serve it warm, at room temperature or cold for an easy pasta dinner.
Steak and pasta tossed together with pasta, spinach and a tangy balsamic-mustard dressing/no-cook sauce is my idea of summer eating. It’s easy to make, you can serve it warm, at room temperature or cold and it’s filling without being heavy.
This steak pasta with spinach is an easy dinner recipe that can be served warm, at room temperature or cold. Tender steak tossed with a mustard and balsamic dressing is a delicious dinner full of flavor.
- 8 ounce New York strip steak (see note)
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces of penne pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
In a small bowl combine the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Season the steak on all sides with the mixture and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package directions. Reserve one tablespoon of the starchy water before draining the pasta.
- While the pasta cooks heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a medium-sized pan over medium heat. Cook the steak for 5-7 minutes on each side (depends on how pink you like it – 7 minutes will be barely pink). Remove the steak from the pan and leave it on a plate to rest.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup of olive oil, the balsamic vinegar, and mustard until it’s thickened.
- Thinly slice the steak, against the grain and place it in the bowl with the dressing along with the pasta, reserved pasta water, spinach, and parsley. Toss it all together. As you toss it the spinach will wilt.
Garnish with the feta cheese and serve the pasta warm, at room temperature or you can chill it before serving. If you chill it, hold off adding the cheese until serving and give the pasta and steak a toss before serving.
Any quick-cooking and tender steak will work well for this recipe. Readers have used sirloin, ribeye, filet mignon, and tenderloin instead of the New York strip. Depending on how thick the steak is you may need to adjust the cooking time.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)