There is an excellent tutorial to be found here.
- 1 large Sweet Potato
- 2 baking potatoes
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 TBS butter
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp oregano flakes
- 1 tsp coriander flakes
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp chipotle chilies in adobe sauce
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese grated, I use strong (60g)
- 1/2 cup of jack cheese grated (65g)
- Olive oil
- 8 corn and wheat tortillas (six inch size)
- Your choice of taco garnishes (chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, salsa, sour cream, olives, chopped onion, etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 200*C/400*F/ gas mark 6. Wash the potatoes well and prick with a fork. Place on a baking tray. Cut the top off of the head of garlic. Put it onto a square of foil. Drizzle with the olive oil and wrap the foil up over it, twisting it closed. Place onto the baking tray with the potatoes. Put the tray into the oven and roast until the potatoes are fork tender. Check the garlic after about 25 to 30 minutes. Remove if it is done. It should take approximately 1 hour to bake the potatoes. Remove from the oven and let cool until you can handle them.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until tender. Scoop the flesh from the sweet and baking potatoes into a bowl. Add the cooked onion, cumin, oregano, coriander, smoked paprika, chipotle chilies and balsamic vinegar. Mash coarsely to combine well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in the cheeses.
- Lay out the tortillas. Divide the filling amongst them spreading it out onto one half only of each. Fold the other half over to cover and form a taco. Brush both sides with olive oil. Wipe the skillet clean and then reheat over medium heat. Cook two tacos at a time until golden brown on each side and the filling is heated through and the cheese has melted. Keep warm while you cook the remaining tacos.
- Serve hot with your choice of taco garnishes. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Debunking the myths of English Cookery, one recipe at a time.
The English Kitchen
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)
Immusist Beverage Concentrate - Proprietary blend, formulated to reduce inflammation while hydrating and oxygenating the cells.