Homemade bread is always more nutritious than those bought from the supermarkets. For one I don’t add any bread improver or preservatives to my bread making. Store bought ones may be fresh but they have loads of preservatives added to prolong their shelf life. When I make bread I can control the ingredients that I want to put into my bread and I can customise the flavour and I find that kneading the dough can be quite therapeutic too!
- 290 gm high protein flour
- 10 gm wholemeal flour
- 30 gm sugar
- 3.1/2 tsp milk powder
- 18 gm butter (cubed)
- 1 tsp seasalt
- 100 gm dried mixed fruits (I used cranberries, sultanas and golden raisin)
- 1 whole egg beaten wtih 1/2 tsp water, for egg wash
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 2 tsp dry yeast )
- 170 ml warm water ) Yeast mixture
- 1 Tbsp sugar )
- Add yeast and sugar to warm water, stir and let it set for about 5 to 8 mins. till foamy.
- In a mixing bowl of a stand mixer, add in high protein flour, wholemeal flour, salt, sugar, milk powder and cinnamon. Mix well. Pour in the yeast mixture and using a dough hook, knead until a dough is formed, add cubed butter and knead till dough is soft and elastic.
- Remove and lightly knead dough on a pastry mat, shape into a ball. Cover with cling wrap and put in a warm place and let it proof till it doubled in size.
- Place your finger into the dough and if the indentation stays, means the dough is ready.
- Punch the dough to expel air and lightly knead, form into a ball and roll out the dough.
- Sprinkle the mixed fruits onto the dough, leaving about 1/2 inch at the sides. Fold the dough and with seam side down roll the dough. Then roll up the dough again. With the palms of your hands, gently roll the dough back and forth and place the log of dough into the greased 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Cover the pan with cling wrap and let proof for another 45 mins. or 1 hour the dough rises till doubled in size. If you gently press the dough at the side and if the indentation stays means the dough is ready to be baked.
- Apply egg glaze onto the surface of the dough.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 190 deg.C for about 30 to 35 mins. till golden brown. Remove the loaf from the oven, let it rest for about 10 mins. before unmoulding and letting it cool completely on a wire rack.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)
Immusist Beverage Concentrate - Proprietary blend, formulated to reduce inflammation while hydrating and oxygenating the cells.