The states that have filed a petition to secede from the United States is growing every day since the election results were final.
The next step for these states will be a local currency. But local currency’s are nothing new. Below is a list of states and local communities within those states that already have a model in place for just such an event.
It may seem like Monopoly money to outsiders, but a growing number of communities across the U.S. are using homegrown local currencies to stimulate their economies and protect themselves from the nation’s broader economic woes.
Now, even state governments are exploring the option. Lawmakers in more than 10 states, including Virginia, Georgia, South Carolina, Idaho and Tennessee, have been circulating proposals to introduce alternative currencies — many of which would be issued in the form of gold or silver coins.
The economy is in trouble and people don’t trust the Federal Reserve and they don’t trust the government, so this is somewhere they can turn, and somewhere they can still do business if the banks close.
“Many people are short of cash because they are unemployed or under-employed … many are questioning what they have been told about the economy and the way the free market supposedly works.
Here is just 2 example of communities working toward local currency.
The links below will direct you to a local currency in you state.
Cultivating Community Resilience: Alternatives to the dollar – Madison Hours and the Dane County Timebank
Willy St. Coop Community Room.
1221 Williamson St.
Cultivating Community Resilience, a class offered by Madison Area Community Land Trust: ALTERNATIVES TO THE DOLLAR: MADISON HOURS ANDTHE DANE COUNTY TIMEBANK
Buy Local this holiday season!
Vendors will be selling: Food, jewelry, clothing, cards, crafts, local music, clothing and much much more..
Trade will happen with Madison Hours, TimeBank Hours, Dollars and direct barter.
Also, bring books, clothing, household items, sporting goods, and toys, and etc for the swap meet.
10 am – 2 pm
The High Noon
701 E. Washington Ave.
Madison, WI 53703
BerkShares is a local currency that circulates in The Berkshires region of Massachusetts. It was launched September 29, 2006 by BerkShares Inc., with research and development assistance from the New Economics Institute.
The BerkShares website lists over 370 businesses in Berkshire County that accept the currency.] In 30 months, 2.2 million BerkShares have been issued from 12 branch offices of five local banks.
The bills were designed by John Isaacs and are printed by Excelsior Printing on special paper with incorporated security features from Crane & Co..
BerkShares are pegged with an exchange rate to the US dollar, but Nick Kacher of the New Economics Institute has discussed the possibility of pegging its value to a basket of local goods in order to insulate the local economy against volatility in the US economy.
The BerkShares program seeks to foster collaboration among producers, retail businesses, non-profit organizations, service providers and consumers. It is an attempt to strengthen the local economy.
The program also seeks to increase public awareness of the importance of local economies and to foster optimism for the prospect of gaining local economic self-sufficiency.
The project seeks to assure that a high percentage of each dollar spent will remain circulating in the community . This increase in community capital creates a positive environment for new entrepreneurial ventures.
It is hoped that new businesses sprouting from the resulting local generation of wealth will replace imported goods with locally produced items, which are more environmentally sustainable in that they do not need to be shipped over vast distances by the use of fossil fuels.
- Barter Bucks Concord, California
- Berkeley Barter Network Berkeley, California
- Berkeley Bread Berkeley, California
- Davis Dollars Davis, California
- Fairbuck Fairfax, California
- Humboldt Hours Eureka, California and Arcata, California
- Mendocino SEED Fort Bragg, California
- North Fork Shares North Fork, California
- San Luis Obispo Hours San Luis Obispo, California
- Sand Dollars Bolinas, California
- Santa Barbara Hours Santa Barbara, California
- Santa Monica Hours Santa Monica, California
- Sequoia Hours Garberville, California
- Sonoma County Community Cash Santa Rosa, California
- TradeMarket Nevada City, California
- Ukiah Hours Ukiah, California
- Butte Bucks Crested Butte, Colorado
- Carbondale Spuds Carbondale, Colorado
- Community Cash Durango, Colorado
- NOCO Hours Fort Collins, Greeley, and Loveland, Colorado
- North Fork Helping Hands Paonia, Colorado
- Mountain Hours Breckenridge, Colorado
- Mile High Hours Denver, Colorado
District of Columbia
- Tampanio Tampa, Florida (a proposed currency based on the BerkShares Model for Tampa, Florida and surrounding communities)
- Timucua Dollar Jacksonville, Florida
- Atlanta Hours Atlanta, Georgia
- Boise Hours Boise, Idaho
- Wash Bucks Sioux City, Iowa
- Berea Bucks Berea, Kentucky
- Waldo Hours Unity, Maine
- Anacostia Hours Mount Rainier, Maryland
- Baltimore Hours Baltimore, Maryland
- P.E.N. Neighborhood Exchange Takoma Park, Maryland
- The BNote  Baltimore, Maryland
- Amesbury Hours Amesbury, Massachusetts
- BerkShares, Southern Berkshires, Massachusetts
- Cape Anne Dollars Gloucester, Massachusetts
- Valley Dollars Greenfield, Massachusetts
- Chamber Bucks Maryville, Missouri
- Kansas City Barter Bucks Kansas City, Missouri
- Marbles Columbia, Missouri
- Hermann Bucks Hermann, Missouri
- Missoula Hours Missoula, Montana
- Santa Fe Hours Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Brooklyn Greenbacks Brooklyn, New York
- Buffalo Hours Buffalo, New York
- Capital Area Self-Sustaining Hours Albany, New York
- Chenango Hours New Berlin, New York
- Columbia County Hours Philmont, New York
- Ithaca Hours Ithaca, New York
- TimeBanksNYC New York, New York
- Stoneridge Hours Kerhonkson, New York
- Asheville LETS Credits Asheville, North Carolina
- Bull City Bucks Durham, North Carolina
- Earthaven Leaps Earthaven Ecovillage
- Mountain Money Mars Hill, North Carolina
- PLENTY Pittsboro, North Carolina
- Cuyahoga Hours Cleveland, Ohio
- Portage Hours Kent, Ohio
- Simply Hours Columbus, Ohio
- Summit Hours Akron, Ohio
- Wooster Hours Apple Creek, Ohio
- Tulsa Hours Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Bridgetown Bucks from PDX Currency Corp. Portland, Oregon
- Cascadia Hour Exchange Portland, Oregon
- Columbia Community Exchange Columbia County, Oregon
- Gorge Local Currency Cooperative Hood River, Oregon
- Jefferson Rounds Coos, Curry, Douglas, Klamath, Lake, Jackson, and Josephine Counties
- HOUR Exchange Corvallis, Oregon
- PDX Timebank Portland, Oregon
- Xchange Stewards Portland, Oregon
- Lehigh Valley Barter Hours Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
- Ormita Commerce Network Barter System Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Equal Dollars Community Currency, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Timebank Media, an initiative of Transition Town Media. Media, Pennsylvania
Philadelphia uses “Equal Dollars” according to AARP Bulletin May 2012 page 28
- Brookings Bucks Brookings, South Dakota
- Hobo Dough South Dakota State University, Brookings, South Dakota
- Bristol Bucks Bristol, Vermont
- Buffalo Mountain Hours Hardwick, Vermont
- Burlington Bread Burlington, Vermont
- Floyd Hours Floyd, Virginia
- Fourth Corner Exchange Washington, Oregon, Colorado, New Mexico, Ohio, California
- Dibspace Seattle, Washington
- Eastside Timebank Kirkland, WA
- SWEL Timebank Shoreline, Washington
- Snohomish Diamonds Snohomish, Washington
- Chamber Bucks Eau Claire, Wisconsin
- Madison Hours Madison, Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Hours Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Constitutional sheriff vs the banksters revenue collecting cop. Less laws equal less criminals
mtnHours local currency supports natural law, and not the usurers revenue collectors who enforce victimless crimes.
When a revenue collector(cop) arrests someone for a victimless crime they are KIDNAPPING.
Arrest the TRUE initiator of violence…..the revenue collector(cop)!
Real Peace Officers know that less statutes, codes, and rules mean less crime, and criminals.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation.
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
MitoCopper - Bioavailable Copper destroys pathogens and gives you more energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video).