The National Institute of Public Finance and Policy (NIPFP) is looking to hire two legal researchers on a full-time basis. The position is based in New Delhi. Our work is inter-disciplinary, bringing together knowledge of public economics, public administration, law, and quantitative research.
NIPFP is currently engaged in projects on financial markets and regulation. You would be expected to provide legal research inputs for these projects. This includes understanding the current legal landscape in India on a specific question/field, researching on experience in other jurisdictions, and outlining the possibilities for policy change in the Indian context. You would also work on other research projects and outputs as instructed.
Some examples of our work include:
- Rajat Asthana, Renuka Sane and S. Vivek, An analysis of the SEBI WhatsApp Orders: Some observations on regulation-making and adjudication, The Leap Blog, 27 May 2021.
- Sudipto Banerjee, Renuka Sane and Srishti Sharma, The five paths of disinvestment in India, The Leap Blog, 7 July, 2020.
- Karan Gulati and Renuka Sane, Why do we not see class-action suits in India? The case of consumer finance, The Leap Blog, 3 May, 2020.
- Radhika Pandey, Rajeswari Sengupta and Bhargavi Zaveri, Liberalising foreign capital flows in Government debt: No time for incrementalism, The Leap Blog, 23 April, 2020.
- Pratik Datta, Radhika Pandey and Sumant Prashant,Replacing FIPB with Standard Operating Procedure not enough, The Leap Blog, 13 July, 2017.
- You must have a bachelor’s degree in law (LLB). Masters’ degree (LLM) would be an added advantage
- 3 – 5 years of prior work experience
- Very strong written and spoken English.
- We use various open-source programs like LaTex in our daily work. While prior knowledge of these programs is not necessary, you must be willing to learn these once you join.
- You must be comfortable in working in an inter disciplinary research environment with people from varying backgrounds such as economics, law, public policy and data science. You must be curious and passionate about research and must be willing to work on independent outputs as well as in teams.
The remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and will be comparable with what is found in other research institutions.
How to apply
Interested candidates may send in their covering letter and updated CV to: [email protected] The email must contain the subject line: ‘Legal Researcher’
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation.
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
MitoCopper - Bioavailable Copper destroys pathogens and gives you more energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video).