To be fair I am reasonably fit in so much as I walk 5-6 miles regularly with the dogs on Cannock Chase which is not exactly flat, and I regularly cycle 16km on the stationary bike. I have an on/off relationship with my abs and stretching routine for my various injuries, and I eat pretty well, and drink way less than I used to.
I have done two net sessions now and have been pleasantly surprised how well I have batted, but they have identified quite a few areas that I need to work on:
- my grip and stance need refining from my old one to take into account my lower back and neck “issues”. This means a slightly more open and upright stance to ensure my eyes are level and bat comes down straight. Not a big issue, this falls into the Muscle Memory category.
- my arms need building up, and I have found that my left elbow is a little sore and uncomfortable with the above stance. Repetition and strength needed here.
- defensive shots not an issue but I am losing balance on an attacking drives which I think is partly not having done it for years, but mainly the strength in my legs in particular the stabilising muscles need developing.
- I will always have issues with my back, neck, left hamstring and left knee so a regular session working on the pilates, core and stretching that I have done to varying degrees over the years is a must now.
I have not doing any fielding or game like running yet, but I know what I need to do.
- my shoulder is better that it has been for a while but I would struggle to throw it far or hard at the moment, so a lot of work is needed developing my throwing. Tennis ball, wall, Tito and Marti will help with this.
- I have always been a good catcher and just a few sessions throwing a tennis ball at a wall at varying angles and heights has not caused any concerns, other than my hands are soft! For now all I can do is practise over the winter with a tennis ball but before next season I need a proper “pre season” to get them rough and ready!
- I am going to increase and vary my session on the bike to include two interval and one stamina sessions, and I am adding a weekly run with Tito to his (and my) schedule on Cannock Chase which should help with overall fitness and strength in legs, and with stabilising muscles.
- I need to find a location where I can do a weekly running session: various pace stop start, twists and turns to get the body used to a wider variety of movement.
The other area that will need a lot of work will be the stance, trigger movement and general awareness of where I am at the crease. For now it’s back to my teenage years in a room in my own in front of a mirror, but hopefully a weekly winter net will help with this.
I do need to lose some weight, but can’t really set a specific target as the above will hopefully find and add some long lost muscle, but I suspect something in the region of a minimum of 5kg is required, ideally more no doubt!
Sounds very serious, and I am, as not only am I looking forward to playing and socialising again, I am really looking forward to having this to focus on over the next 4-6 months. It is obviously unclear what next year will allow COVID-19 wise but I am working on the schedule of general fitness training until end of February then hopefully a month or so of more specific pre season type training, before the season starts April/May.
I am not being unrealistic. I have been down and watched a few games of the 3rd/4th and Sunday teams and I reckon that I can hold my own if I focus on the above.
Time will tell. I will probably try and keep some kind of record of how things are going in the comments below.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com
Get our Free Ebook, "Suppressed Health Secrets" with Natural Cures THEY don't want you to know!
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Organic Hemp Extract (CBD) - Full Spectrum high CBD (3300mg) hemp extract eases stiff joints, relieves stress and more!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)
Immusist Beverage Concentrate - Proprietary blend, formulated to reduce inflammation while hydrating and oxygenating the cells.