Read the story here. Advertise at Before It's News here.
Profile image
By ProactiveInvestors (Reporter)
Contributor profile | More stories
Story Views
Last hour:
Last 24 hours:

TRACON Pharmaceuticals names Shahe Garabedian as senior vice president of quality assurance

% of readers think this story is Fact. Add your two cents.

TRACON Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ:TCON) announced Tuesday the appointment of Shahe Garabedian as senior vice president of quality assurance.

Garabedian brings more than two decades of broad quality assurance experience to TRACON, including an outstanding track record as a senior executive, the company said. Most recently, he was vice president of quality at Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ:ARNA), and past positions included vice president of quality assurance and GxP compliance at Invitrogen and executive director, and head of quality assurance at SUGEN Inc.

READ: TRACON earns May 8 date with FDA to discuss pivotal study of its drug envafolimab

“We are very pleased to welcome Shahe to the TRACON senior management team,” TRACON CEO Dr Charles Theuer said in a statement.

“He has a strong track record of successful quality oversight that includes the clinical, laboratory and manufacturing functional areas. Shahe’s extensive experience in these critical capacities will be invaluable to TRACON as we execute on our plan to conduct the ENVASARC trial, which is our planned potentially pivotal study of envafolimab in sarcoma, and advance toward commercialization as expeditiously as possible.”

Garabedian commented: “TRACON has a first-class management team, an efficient platform to conduct global clinical trials, and a promising drug candidate with near-term commercial potential in envafolimab. 

“I am thrilled to support TRACON’s mission and oversee quality within its broad oncology pipeline, which has the potential to address significant unmet needs across multiple tumor types.”

In connection with the appointment, TRACON said Garabedian was issued an inducement award consisting of an option to purchase an aggregate of 17,400 shares of the company’s common stock. 

The option has an exercise price per share equal to $1.80, which was the closing price of TRACON’s common stock on the Nasdaq Capital Market on the date of grant. 

The option vests over four years, with 25% of the option shares vesting on the first anniversary of the date of grant, and the remaining 75% vesting in monthly instalments over the three years thereafter. The option has a 10-year term.

San Diego-based TRACON has positioned itself as a collaboration partner that leads the regulatory filings, clinical trials, as well as US commercialization of best-in-class drug candidates, as an alternative to expensive contract research organization (CRO) based development.

Contact the author: [email protected]

Follow him on Twitter @PatrickMGraham 

Story by ProactiveInvestors


Before It’s News® is a community of individuals who report on what’s going on around them, from all around the world.

Anyone can join.
Anyone can contribute.
Anyone can become informed about their world.

"United We Stand" Click Here To Create Your Personal Citizen Journalist Account Today, Be Sure To Invite Your Friends.

Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!

Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at M - F 9am to 5pm EST

Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at M - F 9am to 5pm EST

Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!

HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation

Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.

MitoCopper - Bioavailable Copper destroys pathogens and gives you more energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser!  Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen! 
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover -  Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%!  (See Video)

Immusist Beverage Concentrate - Proprietary blend, formulated to reduce inflammation while hydrating and oxygenating the cells.

Report abuse


    Your Comments
    Question   Razz  Sad   Evil  Exclaim  Smile  Redface  Biggrin  Surprised  Eek   Confused   Cool  LOL   Mad   Twisted  Rolleyes   Wink  Idea  Arrow  Neutral  Cry   Mr. Green

    Load more ...




    Email this story
    Email this story

    If you really want to ban this commenter, please write down the reason:

    If you really want to disable all recommended stories, click on OK button. After that, you will be redirect to your options page.