The CDC reports 14 with Salmonella Senftenberg in 12 States linked to Jif peanut butter. Arkansas (1), Georgia (2), Illinois (1), Massachusetts (1), Missouri (1), Ohio (1), North Carolina (1), New York (1), South Carolina (1), Texas (2), Virginia (1), and Washington (1).
However, as the CDC says, “the true number of sick people in an outbreak is likely much higher than the number reported, and the outbreak may not be limited to the states with known illnesses. This is because many people recover without medical care and are not tested for Salmonella.”
Lot code numbers 1274425 through 2140425, with “425” at the end of the first 7 numbers.
Here is the current recall list – it will grow.
- The JM Smucker Co. – US:– May 20, 2022
- The JM Smucker Co. – Canada:– May 21, 2022
- Rainbow Asset Limited – Hong Kong: May 23, 2022
- Randy Ltd. – Israel: May 23, 2022
- Albertsons Companies (11 store-prepared items):- May 21, 2022
- Cargill (multiple products containing peanut butter, sold at the Wilbur Chocolate Retail Store in Lititz, Pa. and online at Wilburbuds.com.):- May 23, 2022
- Coblentz Chocolate Company (multiple peanut butter products):- May 24, 2022
- Country Fresh (select fresh-cut fruit snack trays and fruit snack cups):- May 24, 2022
- Fresh Del Monte (fresh-cut fruit and vegetable products containing ready-to-eat Jif® peanut butter dip):- May 24, 2022
- Garden Cut, LLC (Garden Cut products containing 0.750z Jif Peanut Butter Cup):- May 24, 2022
- Martin’s (Store Brand Apples, Pretzels & Celery with Peanut Butter):- May 23, 2022
- Mary’s Harvest Fresh Foods Inc (Mary’s Harvest Celery Peanut Butter Cup G&G and Apple Peanut Butter Cup G&G):- May 24, 2022
- Price Chopper (M32 Apples, Cheese and Pretzels with Peanut Butter Tray):- May 23, 2022
- Taher Inc. (“Fresh Seasons Power Packs”):- May 24, 2022
- Wawa (two products containing Jif Peanut Butter):- May 24, 2022
- Wegmans (Wegmans Snack with Apple, Pretzels, Cheese and Peanut Butter):- May 22, 2022
Thanks to eFoodAlert.
The CDC estimates Salmonella bacteria cause about 1.35 million infections, 26,500 hospitalizations, and 420 deaths in the United States every year. Food is the source for most of these illnesses.
- Most people who get ill from Salmonella have diarrhea, fever, and stomach cramps.
- Symptoms usually begin 6 hours to 6 days after infection and last 4 to 7 days.
- Most people recover without specific treatment and should not take antibiotics. Antibiotics are typically used only to treat people who have severe illness or who are at risk for it.
- Some people’s illness may be so severe that they need to be hospitalized.
If you have the above symptoms, stay hydrated and seek medical attention. Ask your treating physician to order a stool culture to test to see if you have been infected with the outbreak strain of Salmonella Senftenberg.
If you have leftover Jif, consider having a lab test it for Salmonella Senftenberg.
Salmonella: Marler Clark, The Food Safety Law Firm, is the nation’s leading law firm representing victims of Salmonella outbreaks. The Salmonella lawyers of Marler Clark have represented thousands of victims of Salmonella and other foodborne illness outbreaks and have recovered over $800 million for clients. Marler Clark is the only law firm in the nation with a practice focused exclusively on foodborne illness litigation. Our Salmonella lawyers have litigated Salmonella cases stemming from outbreaks traced to a variety of foods, such as cantaloupe, tomatoes, ground turkey, salami, sprouts, cereal, peanut butter, and food served in restaurants. The law firm has brought Salmonella lawsuits against such companies as Cargill, ConAgra, Peanut Corporation of America, Sheetz, Taco Bell, Subway and Wal-Mart.
If you or a family member became ill with a Salmonella infection, including Reactive Arthritis or Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), after consuming food and you’re interested in pursuing a legal claim, contact the Marler Clark Salmonella attorneys for a free case evaluation.
- About Salmonella – a complete resource for victims of Salmonella outbreaks
- Marler Clark Salmonella Lawsuits and Litigation
- Downloadable Salmonella Fact Sheet
Republished with permission from Bill Marler and Marler Clark. Copyright (c) Marler Clark LLP, PS. All rights reserved.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)