- Reality dawns in unicorn-world as unit economics come into focus, leading to consolidation and possible down rounds for e-commerce and on-demand taxi hailing apps .
- Overheated markets become commoditized, value shifts to adjacent layer of value chain, e.g. in India, focus shifts from e-commerce to supply chain and logistics. For example, Shotang, a B2B marketplace connecting unorganized retailers to distributors (disclosure: Sameer previously led a seed investment round into this company)
- What is SoftBank’s go to market strategy for Pepper? Note: Pepper has debuted in China, Taiwan and Singapore.
- Why are they not adopting the direct consumer approach?
- Google and Baidu lead in the artificial intelligence but don’t count IBM’s Watson and Microsoft.
- Machine learning algorithms are commoditized but data that feeds those algorithms becomes the most valuable component.
- Pokeman Go will be a success and spur Nintendo-DeNA to think outside the box.
- Winning Strategy: Enhance free gameplay by using real-world add-ons (in Pokeman Go’s case, the Pokeman Go Plus Wearable). Later, competitive events.
- Nintendo’s Innovator’s Dilemma: Are they too focused on console gaming and not thinking about mobile as its own thing?
- Is Nintendo’s future in gaming similar to Disney in media content? Does owning a portfolio of gaming content IP is the way to go for gaming companies?
- Chinese companies face a strategy tax when going global. For example, Xiaomi has to maintain two android systems, one for China and the other for the rest of the world. Reference: Episode 68 with Clay Shirky.
- Xiaomi puts recent patent purchases to use and expands to Europe and US aggressively.
- What are the implications on the Baidu-Alibaba-Tencent going global? For example, Alibaba’s cloud company, AliCloud and Tencent’s investment in Glu Mobile.
- The strategy tax for Facebook to enter China.
- Given China has many players from WeChat to Weibo, should Facebook even bother?
- Facebook’s continued controversy with India on free basics. Reference: Episode 77 with Newley Purnell
- Mark Zuckerberg’s letter to India on free basics.
- The Indian community backlash and open letter against Mark Zuckerberg.
Go to http://www.tech-thoughts.net/ for more analysis on the mobile industry
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation.
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
MitoCopper - Bioavailable Copper destroys pathogens and gives you more energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video).