Thyme essential oil is one of the thoroughbred champions of the essential oils, neck and neck with the very best, as it does so many amazing things it is astounding. It is considered one of the most potent antioxidants known, able to treat dozens and dozen of diseases. In one study done in vitro using wild thyme oil, within 72 hours it had effectively nuked 98% of the breast cancer cells, and it also looks promising on some other types of cancers as well. This is just the tip of the iceberg. it does wonders for cardiac health too, find out more of the amazing health benefits of thyme oil from Prevent Disease.com below.
Oil of thyme is derived from thyme, also known as Thymus vulgaris. The perennial herb, a member of the mint family, is used in aromatherapy, cooking, potpourri, mouthwashes, and elixirs, as well as added to ointments. Thyme also has a number of medicinal properties, which is due to the herb’s essential oils.
The benefits of thyme essential oil have been recognized for thousands of years in Mediterranean countries. This substance is also a common agent in Ayurverdic practice. Today, among the many producers of thyme oil, France, Morocco, and Spain emerge as the primary ones.
Thyme was used during the embalming process in Ancient Egypt and as incense for temples in Ancient Greece. According to writer Maud Grieve, the Romans used thyme to flavor up alcoholic beverages.
Hippocrates, also known as “the father of medicine” noted thyme as an amazing culinary herb that can be grown in gardens and gathered in countrysides. In one of his documents, he mentioned the therapeutic uses of thyme in treating respiratory diseases and conditions.
The medicinal properties of thyme come mainly from its essential oils which are extracted through steam distillation of fresh flowers and leaves. The chief constituents of its essential oil are Alpha Thujone, Alpha Pinene, Camphene, Beta Pinene, Para Cymene, Alpha Terpinene, Linalool, Borneol, Beta Caryophyllene, Thymol and Carvacrol.
20 HEALTH BENEFITS OF THYME OIL
1) Anti-Carcinogenic: According to the journal Nutrition and Cancer, researchers from Celal Bayar University in Turkey conducted a study to see what effect wild thyme might have on breast cancer cells, especially how wild thyme affected cell death and epigenetic events in breast cancer cells. Researchers in this study confirmed that wild thyme induced cell death in the breast cancer cells, noting that wild thyme “may be a promising candidate in the development of novel therapeutic drugs for breast cancer treatment. In as little as 72 hours of in vitro breast cancer treatment, thyme essential oil was able to kill 98% in human breast cancer cells (MCF-7) with a concentration of only 0.05%. In other studies, thyme essential oil has also proven successful in treating oral and ovarian cancer. A study found that extracts of Mastic Thyne (Thymus mastichina L.) may protect from colon cancers.
2) Acne: After testing the effects of myrrh, marigold and thyme tinctures onPropionibacterium acnes, the bacterium that causes acne, scientists at Leeds Metropolitan University in England found that thyme preparations may be more effective than acne prescription creams. The researchers reported that while all three tinctures killed the bacterium within five minutes of exposure, thyme was by far the most effective. Thyme was the most effective of the trio, killing around 100,000 bacteria per ml - or half a million per teaspoonful. They also discovered that thyme tincture had a significantly greater antibacterial effect than standard concentrations of benzoyl peroxide, the active ingredient found in the majority of creams and washes aimed at people with acne.
3) Antispasmodic: Millions of people around the world suffer from coughs, cramps and aches due to spasms. Spasms are unwanted and excessive involuntary contractions which may take place in the respiratory tracts, nerves, muscles, intestines or other organs and may result in coughs, convulsions, epileptic or hysterical attacks, cramps and muscular aches, abdominal and intestinal aches, and even spasmodic cholera.
4) Antirheumatic: There are two main reasons behind rheumatism, arthritis and gout. The first is improper or obstructed circulation and the second one is an increasing concentration of toxins like uric acid in the blood stream. Thyme essential oil can sort out both of these problems. Since it is a diuretic, it increases urination and helps in the removal of toxins from the body. Being a stimulant, it stimulates or activates circulation and thereby sorts out this problem in a separate way. Both ways helps cure rheumatism, and related conditions like arthritis.
5) Antiseptic: Thyme essential oil is a good antiseptic and safeguards wounds and sores against infections. This is mainly due to the presence of components like Caryophyllene and Camphene in thyme.
6) Anti-hypertensive: Researchers at the University of Belgrade, Serbia, reported in the journal Plant Foods for Human Nutrition that an aqueous extract obtained from Thymus serpyllum L. (wild thyme) reduced blood pressure in an animal experiment on laboratory rats. In an Abstract in the journal, the study authors wrote “Our results indicate that TE may protect against hypertension in experimental model of essential hypertension.” It’s important to note that some chemotypes of thyme can also act as hypertensives (see #15)
7) Bactericidal: The same Caryophyllene and Camphene, along with a few other components, give thyme essential oil antibacterial properties. This inhibits bacterial growth within and outside of the body. It kills bacteria as well as keeps them away from the organs in the body. This is particularly beneficial in curing bacterial infections like B-Colitis, renal colic, bacterial infections in the genitals and urethra, intestines, and respiratory system as well as the external exposure of wounds.
8) Tonic: Thyme essential oil also tones up the circulatory system, heart, digestive system, nervous system, muscles, and skin while fortifying them and boosting immunity.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)