By Health Tips Now
Fungal infections can be very frustrating and cause a great discomfort or even embarrassment (like in the case of stinky feet). The most common types of fungal infections are candida or yeast infections, toenail or fingernail fungus, athlete’s foot, jock itch, ringworm, oral thrush, and meningitis. Luckily, besides the prescription or over the counter antifungal medications, there are numerous natural antifungal remedies.
According to many studies, natural antifungal remedies can be more effective in the treatment of fungal infections, than the prescription or over the counter antifungal medications.
Actually, a chemical compound called azole is the most frequently used for antifungal cream and can cause sensitivities, allergic reactions and produce risks to anyone who is pregnant.
The good news is that studies show that the antimicrobial properties of natural antifungal remedies such as plant products, essential oils, and other naturally based solutions are much safer and effective antifungal agents.
7 Top Natural Antifungal Remedies
Oregano essential oil
Oregano oil is a super powerful natural antibiotic. It contains whopping 71% of antiseptic compounds known as phenols, including carvacrol and thymol. But make sure to use caution and don’t apply it on sensitive areas because it can cause a burning sensation.
- Take equal amounts of extra-virgin olive oil and oregano oil and mix them together. Apply this mixture on the affected area and leave it on for 2-3 hours.
- Add three drops of oregano oil to a glass of water and drink it twice a day.
- If you don’t like the taste of oregano oil, take 1-2 capsules of oregano oil twice a day after meals.
Numerous studies reveal that garlic has antifungal properties. It is very effective against athlete’s foot.
Some women promote placing garlic cloves in the vagina at night, but there’s no scientific evidence to show it works.
In a study published in The Iranian Journal of Nursing and Midwifery Research in December 2010, they compared a standard antifungal cream that had clotrimazole to a cream that contained garlic and thyme.
Their conclusion was that “The vaginal cream containing garlic and thyme is effective as much as clotrimazole vaginal cream for the treatment of candida vaginitis.”
- Crush two garlic cloves and make a paste by adding a few drops of olive oil. Apply the paste on the affected area and leave it on for about 30 minutes. Then wash it off with lukewarm water. Repeat this treatment twice a day until you get rid of the infection.
Antibiotics or hormones usually cause the yeast grow out of control. Probiotics such as kombucha is already a common natural remedy for vaginal yeast infections and its goal is restoring the vagina’s population of friendly bacteria.
Tea tree oil
Numerous studies have shown that tea tree oil is effective against various Candida. Tea tree oil is highly successful in accelerating the elimination of Candida.
- Mix together equal amounts of tea tree oil and sweet almond oil or olive oil. Apply this mixture on the affected skin area 2-3 times a day.
- Take one part of aloe vera gel and three parts of tea tree oil and mix them together. Apply the mixture on the affected area twice a day.
- For a vaginal infection, place 3-4 drops of tea tree oil on a tampon and place it into your vagina for 2-3 hours. Repeat twice a day.
Tea tree oil is not recommended for use for pregnant women.
Dill oil has powerful antibacterial properties and it is an excellent antifungal drug. It is used in Ayurvedic medicine since ancient times. Find out more about dill oil and how to use it here: Dill Oil: Have you Tried this Wonder Oil?
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is commonly used as a treatment for any kind of fungal infection. It helps kill the fungus that causes infection because of its antimicrobial properties. Also, it promotes quick recovery and helps prevent the infection from spreading.
- In one cup of warm water mix two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and drink it twice a day.
- Take equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and water, mix it and then apply it externally on the affected skin. You can also soak the infected skin area in this solution for 30 minutes.
- Use these remedies until you get rid of the infection.
Coconut oil is highly beneficial in the case of fungus due to its immune-enhancing and health-supporting properties.
“Blazing a path to natural health and wellness. Get natural health news, remedies and tips at naturalblaze.com”
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)