Natural Remedies for Hypertension
Truth and Liberty Blog | May 31, 2019
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as of 2013 almost 1,000 Americans die each day as a direct result of high blood pressure.(1) High blood pressure (hypertension) is essentially caused by the heart pumping larger amounts of blood into narrowing blood vessels. If there is more fluid than there is room this causes pressure and resistance and too much of this is a bad thing. Hypertension is known as the silent killer because it is basically symptomless even at dangerously high and even life threatening levels.(2)
High blood pressure can lead to scary, debilitating and deadly complications including heart attack, stroke, aneurysm, heart failure, loss of organ function, vision loss, metabolic disorders, difficulty with memory and cognition, and dementia.(3) Hypertension is almost always a precursor to stroke and heart attack.(4)
Here is a chart from the American Heart Association: Between 75 and 100 million Americans have hypertension(5) and according to the wisdom of the mainline medical establishment the vast majority of these people should be on blood pressure drugs.(6) High blood pressure is the top reason people visit their doctor and it’s the number one reason they take pharmaceutical drugs.(7)
But prescription drugs often come with unwanted and even dangerous side effects. As an example, here are the side effects of three common blood pressure medication types:
Fatigue, muscle cramps, muscle weakness from low potassium levels, dizziness, lightheadedness, numbness, tingling, heart palpitations, gout, depression, irritability, urinary incontinence, loss of sex drive, male impotence, allergic reactions and more(8)
Dizziness, weakness, fatigue, fainting, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, and chest pain. Sudden withdrawal can result in heart attack or sudden death.(9)
A dry cough that lasts for weeks, hypotension (blood pressure too low) which can lead to headache, dizziness, fainting, and reduced kidney function (10)
There are at least 11 types / categories of blood pressure drugs but the reader will get the idea.
The majority of Americans over the age of 70 are on blood pressure medication and a recent study links taking blood pressure drugs with falls.(11)
Talk to your doctor, do your own research and make your own decision but in many cases it may be wise to try and reduce high blood pressure naturally rather than running straight to pharmaceutical drugs. (TLB does not give medical advice.)
Foods that cause damaging inflammation and contribute to high blood pressure include:
- high fructose corn syrup (soda, juice, candy)
- artificial transfats (margarine, shortening)
- processed carbs (white bread, white rice, white pasta, sugary cereals)
- processed deli meats
- omega 6 fatty acids (vegetable and nut oils, nuts, lard, peanut butter, margarine)
- fried foods
- dairy (12)
Reduce Sodium Intake
As a rule it is a good idea to avoid processed, packaged, and pre-prepared foods as much as possible. The foods are usually high in sodium which is another product that you’ll want to reduce when targeting high blood pressure. Sodium causes your body to retain fluid which increases the volume of blood you heart has to pump through your body.
Adjust Your Lifestyle
In addition to cleaning up your diet, getting 20-30 minutes of exercise 3-5 times per week – even if it is just walking around the block – can have a great impact on your blood pressure. Being sedentary and inactive goes hand in hand with hypertension.
Reducing stress is also an important part of your hypertension protocol. When you are stressed out your body produces cortosol, aka the stress hormone. Prolonged high cortisol levels in your body is detrimental to health in many ways, contributing to high blood pressure being just one example.(13) Moderate exercise will reduce cortisol levels in your body and will alleviate much of your stress.(14)
Stop drinking alcohol and quit smoking right away. Your overall health will thank you and so will your blood pressure levels.
Yes you can!
Drink plenty of clean distilled water – up to half of you body weight in ounces per day. Stock up on beets, cardamom, chokeberries, cinnamon, garlic, lentils, olives, onions, oregano, pomegranates and turmeric as these have all been shown to help with healthy blood pressure levels.(15) Beets have proven especially effective so you may want to consider loading up on beet juice and beet powder as well. Any food that is high in antioxidants is also beneficial (blueberries, cranberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, red beans, kidney beans, pinto beans etc.).(16)
Consider taking a turmeric supplement as this product is amazing for reducing inflammation in your body. Other supplements you may also consider include cod liver oil, CoQ10, flaxseed, Hawthorn, magnesium and Vitamin E.(17)
Finally cook with olive oil or coconut oil, eat plenty of leafy green vegetables and get plenty of fiber. When you eat meat make sure it’s organic free range meat.(18)
As always, consult your physician and do your own research, but it is definitely possible to reduce blood pressure naturally and without medication!
(1) CDC – High Blood Pressure Facts https://www.cdc.gov/bloodpressure/facts.htm
(2) Mayo Clinic – High blood pressure (hypertension) https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/high-blood-pressure/symptoms-causes/syc-20373410
(4) Dr. Ted Broer, 15 MAJOR Risk Factors of Hypertension and 12 Tips To Avoid It https://healthmasters.com/blog/15-major-risk-factors-hypertension
(5) American Heart Association News – More than 100 million Americans have high blood pressure, AHA says https://www.heart.org/en/news/2018/05/01/more-than-100-million-americans-have-high-blood-pressure-aha-says CDC – High Blood Pressure Frequently Asked Questions https://www.cdc.gov/bloodpressure/faqs.htm
(6) Dennis Thompson, Health Day – New Guidelines Mean 1 in 3 Adults May Need Blood Pressure Meds https://consumer.healthday.com/cardiovascular-health-information-20/high-blood-pressure-health-news-358/new-guidelines-mean-1-in-3-adults-may-need-blood-pressure-meds-734195.html
(7) Dr. Broer, 15 Risk Factors of Hypertension
(8) U.S. National Library of Medicine, Heart failure – fluids and diuretics https://medlineplus.gov/ency/patientinstructions/000112.htm
(9) Jim Morelli, RxList – High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) Medications https://www.rxlist.com/high_blood_pressure_hypertension_medications/drugs-condition.htm
(11) Eliezer Greenspan, Natural News Blogs – Blood Pressure Medications Can Cause Serious Falls https://www.naturalnewsblogs.com/blood-pressure-medications-can-cause-serious-falls/
(12) Liu Jiao, Natural News Blogs – Top Foods to Avoid with High Blood Pressure https://www.naturalnewsblogs.com/top-foods-avoid-high-blood-pressure/
Healthline – 6 Foods That Cause Inflammation https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/6-foods-that-cause-inflammation#section4
Carrie Madormo, Reader’s Digest – 12 Foods That Make Inflammation Worse https://www.rd.com/health/wellness/foods-cause-inflammation/
(13) Healthline – 11 Natural Ways to Lower Your Cortisol Levels https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/ways-to-lower-cortisol
(14) StrongHealth – How To Lower Cortisol: A Complete Guide https://www.stronghealth.com/how-to-lower-cortisol/
(15) Sandeep Godiyal, Natural News – Seven herbs that lower blood pressure https://www.naturalnewsblogs.com/seven-herbs-lower-blood-pressure/
Mary Miller, Natural News – 4 Nutritious foods that can help lower blood pressure when SHTF https://www.naturalnews.com/2019-04-23-4-nutritious-foods-that-can-help-lower-blood-pressure-when-shtf.html
(16) WebMD – 20 Common Foods With the Most Antioxidants https://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/20-common-foods-most-antioxidants
Miller, 4 Nutritious foods that can help lower blood pressure https://www.naturalnews.com/2019-04-23-4-nutritious-foods-that-can-help-lower-blood-pressure-when-shtf.html
Eliezer Greenspan, Natural News Blogs – Culinary Rx: Beet Juice vs Drugs for High Blood Pressure https://www.naturalnewsblogs.com/culinary-rx-beet-juice-vs-drugs-high-blood-pressure/
(17) Morelli, High Blood Pressure Medications
Dr. Broer, 15 Risk Factors of Hypertension
(18) Dr. Broer, 15 Risk Factors of Hypertension
Get our Free Ebook, "Suppressed Health Secrets" with Natural Cures THEY don't want you to know!
APeX - Far superior to colloidal silver! Destroys Viruses, Bacteria, Pathogens with Oxygen plus Silver!Supreme Fulvic - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
Ultimate Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
MitoCopper - Bioavailable Copper destroys pathogens and gives you more energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Organic Hemp Extract (CBD) - Full Spectrum high CBD (3300mg) hemp extract eases stiff joints, relieves stress and more!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)
FINAL WARNING! Diseases are EXPLODING! Watch this Video about APeX and You'll THROW AWAY Your Colloidal Silver! APeX destroys Viruses, Bacteria and other Pathogens with the power of Oxygen PLUS Silver! Nobody else has a product like THIS! See why the inventor hasn't been sick in 16 years and why you'll never hear about it on the FAKE NEWS! Get some now and tell your friends about it too so we can reach more people!