As I’ve discussed in previous articles, Turmeric milk is a traditional Indian and Ayurvedic beverage that is typically drunk before bed. Similar to what we do here in the States with warm milk before bed. Although I never really enjoyed warm milk before bed as a kid, I sure do enjoy this delicious beverage. The warming effect it has on the body puts you right to sleep!
I often choose to add ginger to my recipe to further enhance the anti-inflammatory properties (especially for the digestive tract!). Honey is optional as a sweetener…but it does also add more medicinal properties! I use coconut milk because it is full of healthy fats and contains lauric acid, antimicrobial lipids, and capric acid, which have antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties.
Turmeric has many beneficial healing properties and have been shown to:
Ease arthritis pain, due to it’s anti-inflammatory properties
- Help the liver detoxify by enhancing liver function, and also enhances the flow of bile (aka gallstone prevention!)
- Boost blood circulation, and also thins the blood (CAUTION to those already on a blood-thinning medication)
- Heal and soothe the digestive tract, and even help prevent ulcers due to the antiseptic properties
- Reduce the pain and fever associated with illness
A host of scientific investigations have also looked at the ability of curcumin to fight cancer. Curcumin kills several types of cancer cells in the laboratory. In animals, curcumin prevents or slows cancer in the skin, breast, liver, fore-stomach, duodenum and colon. Curcumin also has anti-angiogenic properties; translation: curcumin seriously slows new blood vessel formation in tumors, causes asphyxiation of tumors and thus preventing their growth and metastases.
Here is how to make this delicious healing beverage:
- 2 cups coconut milk (or milk of your choice) — where to find
- 1 teaspoon turmeric — where to find
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (the absorption of turmeric is actually enhanced when combined with black pepper)
- 1″ piece of ginger sliced
- raw honey to sweeten, if desired — where to find
*Note: If you have an ulcerative intestinal problem, omit the black pepper as it can be problematic with ulcers. Black pepper can even make small cuts in the bowels of people with Crohn’s disease
- In a saucepan add all ingredients (except honey, if using) and whisk to combine
- Heat over medium heat until it starts to bubble
- Then turn the heat down to low and simmer for about 5 minutes so the flavors meld
- Strain out the ginger
- Add honey and stir
- Makes 2 servings, so you can share the love
Here’s how I keep it on hand for ease of use:
In a small jar combine:
- 3 Tbsp turmeric
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp powdered ginger
- Cover the jar and shake to combine
- To use: Mix 1 teaspoon of the powdered mix with 1 cup of milk
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com
Get our Free Ebook, "Suppressed Health Secrets" with Natural Cures THEY don't want you to know!
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Organic Hemp Extract (CBD) - Full Spectrum high CBD (3300mg) hemp extract eases stiff joints, relieves stress and more!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)
Immusist Beverage Concentrate - Proprietary blend, formulated to reduce inflammation while hydrating and oxygenating the cells.