On a scale of 1 to 10, how powerful is your sweet tooth? The good news is, even if it exceeds 10+, there is hope. Today’s tasty treat is a plant-based cheesecake that is gluten-free, dairy-free, processed ingredient-free, and yet, is still delicious and satiating. In fact, the only complaint I received from this recipe is that it was too rich and, therefore, the serving size needs to be smaller.
But jeez, how could you refuse to cut a monster slice of this treat?
Nutritional Benefit of Eating This Cheezcake
That’s a sentence you probably never thought you’d read before. Yes, you can have your cake and eat it, too. Just, try to make that cake a healthier version now and again, like this raspberry and blueberry vegan and paleo version. The nutritional benefits of some of the primary ingredients follow:
- This fruit is high in fiber, has been shown to be rich in antioxidants, may promote brain health, and even support good bone health.
- This nut supports good heart health, helps to keep blood sugar regulated, is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, contains vitamin A and E, and is rich in zinc. Rich in antioxidants, it is considered beneficial in warding off Alzheimer’s.
- This bold spice is anti-viral, anti-fungal, and is rich in antioxidants. It promotes good gut health and helps to balance blood sugar.
- Low in sugar and high in healthy fats and plant protein, cashews are a good source of copper, magnesium, and manganese. These nutrients support energy production, brain health, immunity, and bone health.
- This beverage aids in weight loss, is rich in electrolytes, has been shown to prevent heart disease, can strengthen the immune system, promotes healthy skin and hair, and supports gastrointestinal health.
- Surprisingly, maple syrup is rich in antioxidants, has been shown to help fight inflammatory bowel disease, may help ward off cancer, protects skin health, and has antibiotic effects. Learn more here.
- The astringent fruit promotes hydration, is a great source of vitamin C, supports weight loss, promotes healthy skin, aids digestion, prevents kidney stones, and even freshens your breath.
- Similar to blueberries, the small fruit provides potassium, help to lower blood pressure, are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, and are beneficial for balancing and regulating blood sugar.
- This fruit is low-glycemic but is abundant in nutrients. From vitamin C and K to rampant amounts of manganese and fiber, there are many reasons to love blueberries. Rich in antioxidants, they promote good eyesight and protect against cancer.
Isn’t that amazing? Literally, every ingredient in this recipe is known for containing some nutritional properties. Isn’t it fantastic when it tastes great, too? Don’t just take my word for it, however. Try this delectable recipe for yourself and let me know your thoughts in the comments below, or by tagging Life in Bloom Nutrition on Instagram.
This satisfying treat needs to freeze overnight, then thaw for 15-20 minutes before serving. You won’t be sorry you put in the effort…
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 12 Slices 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegan
- 2/3 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 6 Medjool dates pitted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- pinch sea salt
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked in boiling water for 1 1/2 hours
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (alcohol-free)
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil, room temperature
- 2.5 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1.5 cups raspberries (non-frozen)
- 1.5 cups blueberries (non-frozen)
- Fresh fruit
- (Optional): Melted, vegan white chocolate to drizzle
- (Optional): Shredded coconut
- Add cashews to a bowl and cover with boiling water. Let sit, uncovered, for 1.5 hours. Rinse and drain thoroughly.
- Line the bottom of a springform pan with parchment paper (cut out a circle) and lightly oil the sides to make it easier to remove once the cheezcake has set.
- In a food processor, combine the nuts and pulse until you get a coarse mixture. Add the rest of the crust ingredients and process in ‘pulses’ until it begins to clump and form together.
- Transfer the crust mixture into the pan. Press down with your fingers to pack it evenly into the bottom of the pan to create an even base. If it starts to get sticky, lightly wet your fingers with warm water. Set the crust aside.
- In a high-speed blender pitcher, such as the Vitamix, add the drained cashews and all ingredients except for the berries. Process or blend on high until the mixture is creamy and smooth throughout. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Retain 1/3 cup of the vanilla-flavored mixture in a small cup or bowl, and pour 1/3 of the mixture into the bottom of the springform pan. Place the pan in the freezer while you prepare the second part.
- Add the fresh berries to the mixture and process on high, again, until smooth and creamy. Using a spatula, pour the remainder of the mixture on top of the batter in the springform pan. You can make a neat design by using a spoon to drop 1 Tbsp of the mixture in random patterns and then use a knife to “swirl” it together. See an example here.
- Cover the cheezcake with plastic, and then tap it on the counter a couple of times to release any air bubbles that might have formed. Set in the freezer for 6-8 hours.
- Prior to serving the cheesecake, top it with fresh berries, white chocolate drizzle, and/or coconut flakes. When you are ready to dish it up, allow it to thaw for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Leftovers can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy!
Tag @lifeinbloom7 on Instagram and hashtag it #LifeinBloomNutrition!
Psst – if you liked this recipe, you’ll probably love this chocolate-matcha cheesecake that is to live for. Nom, nom nom…
Until next time,
Mandy Froelich xo
Source: Life In Bloom
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)
Immusist Beverage Concentrate - Proprietary blend, formulated to reduce inflammation while hydrating and oxygenating the cells.