September 14th, 2021
By Sayer Ji
Contributing writer for Wake Up World
Cannabis has one of the most prolific histories of any plant in the herbal pharmacopeia. With uses ranging from spiritual to medicinal, the reason that humans have bonded so deeply with this plant lies in our shared biology. The cannabis plant produces phytochemicals called cannabinoids that bind with receptor sites throughout the body, demonstrating evolutionary synthesis of the highest order.
These endogenous cannabinoid receptors make up the endocannabinoid system, a biological feature shared by humans and animals, evidence of the synergy that develops between useful plants and the creatures that consume them.[i] Varying strains of cannabis plants produce different cannabinoids, such as cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), allowing consumers to select specific chemovars (chemical varieties) to induce particular effects when ingested.
Cannabinoids: The Key to Cannabis Effects
There are hundreds of naturally occurring phytocannabinoids in cannabis plants, however modern strains have been cultivated by plant geneticists to produce higher or lower amounts of certain cannabinoids to deliver more reliable therapeutic outcomes. Some of the primary cannabinoids responsible for cannabis’ therapeutic effects are:
- CBD: non-psychoactive, analgesic, anticonvulsant, sedative, anti-anxiety, anti-inflammatory[ii]
- THC: psychoactive, analgesic, bronchodilatory, muscle relaxant, antipruritic, anti-nausea[iii]
- CBN (cannabinol): sedative, anticonvulsant, anti-inflammatory, anti-MRSA[iv]
- THCA (tetrahydrocannabinol acid): neuroprotective, anti-inflammatory,[v] reduces adiposity (obesity), improves glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity[vi]
- CBG (cannabigerol): antipruritic, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, relieves intraocular pressure, analgesic, muscle relaxant, anticancer[vii]
Wild strains of Cannabis sativa have evolved throughout centuries of natural selection to contain varying amounts of these and other phytocannabinoids. The more widely known cannabinoids like THC and CBD are produced when plants have been decarboxylated, a process that occurs under specific heat, light or alkaline conditions.[viii] There are approximately 66 known cannabinoids[ix] that are associated with a growing list of known therapeutic effects.
Recommended Articles by Sayer Ji:
- The Power and Mystery of Melanin Explained
- Cell Phone Induced Bodily Harm: How the Bees Can Help
- The Spice That Prevents Fluoride Destroying Your Brain
- How to Clean Your Arteries with One Simple Fruit
- 7 Healing Uses for Lavender Essential Oil
- From Table to Tomb: Cumin’s Health Benefits Rediscovered
- Why You Should Ditch Sugar in Favour of Honey
- The Love Affair Between Saffron and Humanity: As Ancient as Time Itself
- Why Walnut Resembles the Brain It Nourishes
- Magnesium Puts Psychiatric Drugs to Shame for Depression
[GOOGLE PLUS]: https://plus.google.com/112452105795129310867/posts
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)
Immusist Beverage Concentrate - Proprietary blend, formulated to reduce inflammation while hydrating and oxygenating the cells.