(NewsUSA) – With football season in full swing, men are bracing for everything that comes with it. In a new poll of 2,000 American men conducted by OnePoll and commissioned by Nutrisystem, 37% of men said they usually gain weight from September to January, with 53% claiming they gain 10 pounds or more.
This battle of the belly bulge has many men willing to make changes to get in shape and back in the game. In the same survey, more than one-third (37%) of men said they would give up football games or other sporting events for two months if it meant they could get a six-pack or a flat stomach.
To help men jumpstart their weight loss and kick their healthy habits into high gear, Courtney McCormick, registered dietitian and manager of clinical research & nutrition at Nutrisystem, offers these simple tips.
1. Power Up on Protein: When you’re losing weight, your body burns both fat and muscle. Since men have more muscle mass than women, guys need to be sure they get enough protein. Meat and fish, eggs, dairy products, nuts and nut butters are your best choices because they’re low in calories and high in protein and healthy fats.
2. Hold That Beer. Yes, you can enjoy a cold one on occasion as you’re trying to lose weight. Just keep in mind that even most light beers have 100 calories. These beverages tend to leave you feeling full, but only for a short time. Some people may even feel hungrier after drinking.
3. Set Goals: Setting goals is an effective way to challenge yourself when you’re trying to lose weight. “Having a game plan is crucial,” says Hall of Fame quarterback and Nutrisystem ambassador Dan Marino.
” For guys especially, simplicity, variety and correct portion sizes are key. Programs such as Nutrisystem that are delivered to your door and easy to follow are the best bet. And when you start seeing the results, it makes you motivated to keep going.”
4. Pass on the Salt: Excess sodium can cause your body to retain water, making you feel bloated and adding extra pounds when you step on the scale. What’s more, The Journal of Clinical Investigation reports that eating high-sodium snacks can also leave you hungrier, increase your appetite and decrease your water consumption.
5. Get Up and Go: Instead of sitting around with friends and taking in calories you don’t need, organize a group activity that gets everybody moving. Burn calories while bowling, golfing or playing ping pong. You might also come home with bragging rights instead of a belly full of regrets.
To add to your efforts, have fun and laugh. According to a study published in the International Journal of Obesity, genuine laughter for 10 to 15 minutes causes a 10-to-20 percent increase in heart rate and energy expenditure. For more great tips, visit Nutrisystem’s The Leaf.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)