Read the Beforeitsnews.com story here. Advertise at Before It's News here.
Profile image
By The Daily Pen (Reporter)
Contributor profile | More stories
Story Views
Now:
Last hour:
Last 24 hours:
Total:

Now Obama Denies Internet Postings Are Evidence Of Legitimacy

% of readers think this story is Fact. Add your two cents.


ONE LIE AFTER ANOTHER – Having vigorously promoted the digital .pdf image of his alleged 1961 birth certificate which was posted to the internet in 2011 as evidence of his legitimacy to be president, the Obama administration now says that posting claims on the internet is not proof of anything when those postings indict their lies.

By Dan Crosby
of The Daily Pen

NEW YORK, NY – Apparently, the Obama Administration is far more willing to embrace YouTube as a more credible source of evidence than Facebook or Twitter in determining what caused the murder of four Americans in Benghazi, Libya. 

Saying that the act of posting claims on the internet is not proof of legitimate evidence, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton pushed back Wednesday after suggestions that September 11 emails showing that an Al Qaeda-tied group in the Libya consulate attack were proof of terrorist involvement, saying their claims of responsibility on Facebook and Twitter were not “evidence.”

However, she is on record as explicitly saying that YouTube videos are indeed evidence that the consulate was attacked as the result of spontaneous riot by offended Muslims.  Only weeks ago, Clinton , and other members of the Obama Administration, including Barack Obama, vehemently derided an obscure YouTube video, which was also posted to the internet by anonymous sources, as the legitimate cause of what the entire Obama administration initially claimed was a spontaneous riot which resulted in the deaths of Ambassador Chris Stevens and three Chief of Mission agents at the U.S. Consulate in Libya.

We now know the attacks were a well-planned, coordinated attack by a long known terrorist group, Ansar Al-Sharia and that the video had nothing to do with inciting the attack. 

An official review of the video by Muslim scholars revealed that the video is not offensive to the Islamic religion and that it actually honors many tenets of Islamic doctrine further suggesting the Obama Administration trumped the allegations against the random video in order to cover up the circumstances of the terrorist attack.  The Obama administration has long claimed that terrorism is in decline in the world despite evidence to the contrary.   

“Posting something on Facebook is not in and of itself evidence,” Clinton said. “And I think it just underscores how fluid the reporting was at the time and continued for some time to be.”

“Posting something…is not in and of itself evidence”

Recall, the Obama Administration posted a digital image of Barack Obama’s alleged 1961 Certificate of Live Birth saying that it was proof of Obama legitimacy to hold the office of President.  Clinton did not comment on whether the image of the certificate posted to the White House’s official website was also “not in and of itself evidence” of Obama’s eligibility to be president.   

Also refusing to acknowledge that he previously claimed that a YouTube video was indeed evidence that the attacks were the result of a spontaneous riot, White House Press Secretary, Jay Carney, was all too eager to say that other internet media is not proof of the likely scenario that terrorists had taken responsibility.

“I think within a few hours that organization itself claimed that it had not been responsible. Neither should be taken as fact,” Carney said.

There is no evidence, internet or otherwise, that members of Ansar Al Sharia denied responsibility for the attacks.  However, the group is a prime suspect. Indeed, one suspect in custody in Tunisia is a member of Ansar al-Sharia, one lawmaker told Fox News.

Three Republican senators, in a letter Wednesday to the White House, said they were “disturbed” by the latest email revelations, claiming it “adds to the confusion” about what the administration knew of the attacks.

 

“However, the newly uncovered emails clearly state the involvement of a militant group whose agenda is to establish an Islamic state in eastern Libya.”

“In television interviews nearly a week after the events in Benghazi, you yourself even refused to describe it as a terrorist attack, instead emphasizing the role played by a hateful video. This concerted misrepresentation of the facts of the case — facts that, it appears, you and your administration possessed almost as soon as the attack began — is why so many of our constituents are demanding a fuller explanation of why your administration responded as it did,” wrote Sens. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C.; John McCain, R-Ariz.; and Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H. They called on the president to “address the American people directly” on what happened.

Though the emails, obtained by Fox News on Tuesday, are just one piece of the puzzle, they reveal some of the most detailed information yet about what officials knew in the initial hours after the attack. And they again raise questions about why U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice, apparently based on intelligence assessments, would claim five days after the attack that it was a “spontaneous” reaction to protests over an anti-Islam film.

Clinton also suggested those producing the emails were “cherrypicking” documentation, as the White House noted the organization reportedly had denied responsibility in other settings.   Clinton, of course, likewise, refused to characterize her act of blaming the internet video as “cherrypicking”

Though social media was vital in driving — and monitoring — the so-called Arab Spring that overthrew longtime dictators in Libya and other countries, Clinton dismissed it as an unreliable source after a series of internal emails sent by Clinton’s State Department staff surfaced in which officials reported within hours of the attack that militant group Ansar al-Sharia claimed responsibility in Internet postings.

Ansar al-Sharia has been declared by the State Department to be an Al Qaeda-affiliated group. A member of the group suspected of participating in the Sept. 11 attack in Benghazi has been arrested and is being held in Tunisia.

The emails obtained by Fox News were sent by the State Department to a variety of national security platforms, whose addresses have been redacted, including the White House Situation Room, the Pentagon, the FBI and the Director of National Intelligence.

Fox News was told that an estimated 300 to 400 national security figures received these emails in real time almost as the raid was playing out and concluding. People who received these emails work directly under the nation’s top national security, military and diplomatic officials, Fox News was told.

The timestamps on the emails are all Eastern Time and often include the subheading SBU, which is shorthand for “Sensitive But Unclassified.”

The third email came at 6:07 p.m. ET and was sent to a different email list but still includes the White House Situation Room address and a subject line of “Update 2: Ansar al-Sharia Claims Responsibility for Benghazi Attack (SBU).”

“Embassy Tripoli reports the group claimed responsibility on Facebook and Twitter and has called for an attack on Embassy Tripoli,” the email reads.

Earlier emails did not go into who might have been responsible for the attack.

The first email indicates that U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and other personnel were “in the compound safe haven.” Officials later discovered that Stevens and three other Americans had died in the attack.

The first email was sent at 4:05 p.m. ET with the subject line: “U.S. Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi Under Attack (SBU).”

“The Regional Security Officer reports the diplomatic mission is under attack,” the email reads. “Embassy Tripoli reports approximately 20 armed people fired shots; explosions have been heard as well. Ambassador Stevens, who is currently in Benghazi, and four COM personnel are in the compound safe haven. The 17th of February militia is providing security support.

“The operations Center will provide updates as available.”

The second email came at 4:54 p.m. ET, with a subject line: “Update 1: U.S. Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi (SBU)”

“Embassy Tripoli reports the firing at the U.S. Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi has stopped and the compound has been cleared. A response team is on site attempting to locate COM personnel.”

The emails on the day of the attack further challenge not only the initial statements made by administration officials like Rice about the strike, but also recent claims that they were only basing those statements on the intelligence they had at the time.

However, the newly uncovered emails clearly state the involvement of a militant group whose agenda is to establish an Islamic state in eastern Libya.

State Department official Patrick Kennedy recently testified to Congress that anyone in Rice’s position would have made the same statements about the attack being spontaneous.
Despite this, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney backed up Rice on Sept. 18. He said: “Based on information that we — our initial information … we saw no evidence to back up claims by others that this was a preplanned or premeditated attack; that we saw evidence that it was sparked by the reaction to this video.” Carney went on to say “that is what we know” based on “concrete evidence, not supposition.”



Source:


Before It’s News® is a community of individuals who report on what’s going on around them, from all around the world.

Anyone can join.
Anyone can contribute.
Anyone can become informed about their world.

"United We Stand" Click Here To Create Your Personal Citizen Journalist Account Today, Be Sure To Invite Your Friends.

Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!


Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST

Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST

Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST


Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!

HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation

Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.

MitoCopper - Bioavailable Copper destroys pathogens and gives you more energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser!  Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen! 
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover -  Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%!  (See Video)

Report abuse

    Comments

    Your Comments
    Question   Razz  Sad   Evil  Exclaim  Smile  Redface  Biggrin  Surprised  Eek   Confused   Cool  LOL   Mad   Twisted  Rolleyes   Wink  Idea  Arrow  Neutral  Cry   Mr. Green

    MOST RECENT
    Load more ...

    SignUp

    Login

    Newsletter

    Email this story
    Email this story

    If you really want to ban this commenter, please write down the reason:

    If you really want to disable all recommended stories, click on OK button. After that, you will be redirect to your options page.