Read the Beforeitsnews.com story here. Advertise at Before It's News here.
Profile image
Story Views
Now:
Last hour:
Last 24 hours:
Total:

Weather Briefing for Friday, February 26, 2021

% of readers think this story is Fact. Add your two cents.


OUTLOOK

A relatively dry cold front crosses our region from the northwest late tonight and Thursday, then stall to our south setting up an active weather pattern through the weekend. Waves of low pressure will cross from west to east into the start of next week. Expect dry high pressure to build over our area later next week.

—BEGIN SPONSOR SEGMENT—

Weather Sponsor

Adams Products, a Division of Oldcastle is underwriting the daily weather briefing & public safety updates for the month.

Open 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM, M-F, located at 895 Hickory Knoll Road, Franklin, NC. Visit our Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/Adams.Oldcastle.Franklin.NC

All your masonry needs are available. Our phone number is 828.524.8545, the public is welcome, we’ll help you with your next project.

— END SPONSOR SEGMENT—

News Highlights

National Weather Map for Today

General forecast through Sunday Night

Franklin area

Today

Rain, mainly after 7am. Patchy fog between 7am and noon. Highs in the mid-40s. Calm winds in the morning increasing to come out of the southeast around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between three-quarters and one inch possible. Tonight Rain likely, mainly before 2am. Patchy fog in the morning. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with lows in the low-to-mid 40s. Light winds out of the southeast. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible. Saturday A 30 percent chance of rain, mainly before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with highs in the mid-60s. Calm winds in the morning out of the increasing to come out of the southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible. Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of rain, mainly after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with lows in the mid-50s. Calm winds. Sunday Rain likely, mainly after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with highs near 70. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Sunday Night Showers. Lows in the lower 50s. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Highlands area

Today

Rain, mainly after 7am. Patchy fog between 8am and 11am. Highs in the lower 40s. Light and variable winds early increasing to come out of the southeast 5 to 10 mph iby midmorning. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible. Tonight Rain likely. Patchy fog after 8pm. Otherwise, cloudy, with lows in the mid-to-upper 30s. Winds out of the southeast around 5 mph shifting to come out of the southwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible. Saturday A 20 percent chance of rain. Patchy fog before 7am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with highs in the low-to-mid 50s. Winds out of the southwest 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of rain, mainly after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with lows around 50. Winds out of the southwest 5 to 10 mph. Sunday A 50 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with highs in the upper 50s. Sunday Night Showers. Lows in the upper 40s. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Otto area

Today

Rain, mainly after 7am. Patchy fog between 7am and noon. Highs in the mid-40s. Calm winds in the morning increasing to come out of the southeast around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between three-quarters and one inch possible. Tonight Rain likely, mainly before 2am. Patchy fog. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with lows in the lower 40s. Winds out of the southeast around 5 mph becoming calm by midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible. Saturday A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with highs in the lower 60s. Winds out of the southwest 5 to 10 mph. Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of rain, mainly after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with lows in the mid-50s. Light winds out of the south. Sunday A 50 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with highs in the upper 60s. Sunday Night Showers. Lows in the low-to-mid 50s. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Nantahala area

Today

Rain, mainly after 7am. Patchy fog between 11am and 1pm. Highs in the mid-40s. Calm winds early increasing to come out of the southeast around 5 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between three-quarters and one inch possible. Tonight Rain likely. Patchy fog before 7pm, then patchy fog after 9pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with lows in the low-to-mid 40s. Winds out of the southeast around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible. Saturday A 30 percent chance of rain, mainly before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with highs near 60. Winds out of the southwest 3 to 5 mph. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible. Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of rain, mainly after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with lows in the mid-50s. Light winds out of the south. Sunday Rain likely, mainly after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with highs in the mid-60s. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Sunday Night Showers. Lows around 50. Chance of precipitation is 90%.

HAZARDS

Hazardous weather is not excpected today.

Air Quality


Air quality is in the upper range of green for most of the county, including the ridges and other higher elevations today.

Pollen

Pollen levels are expected to be in the low range (1.8 out of 12) today with Alder and Maple being the main culprits. Tomorrow is expected to be higher, in the low-medium range (3.8 out of 12).

Weather Extremes for Macon County on February 26th

Highest Temperature 77°F in Franklin in 1977
Lowest Temperature 3°F at the Coweeta Experimental Station in 1967
Greatest One-Day Rain 4.25 inches in Highlands in 1899
Greatest One-Day Snowfall 6.5 inches in Franklin in 2015



February Weather Extremes for Macon County

Highest Temperature 79°F at the Coweeta Experimental Station on Feb 28, 1996
Lowest Temperature -19°F in Highlands on Feb 13, 1899
Greatest One-Day Rain 6.37 inches at the Coweeta Experimental Station on Feb 13, 1966
Greatest One-Day Snowfall 15.0 inches in Highlands on Feb 14, 1912 



CROWDFUNDING OR DAY SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES

If you receive value from what Macon Media provides to the community, please consider becoming a supporter and contribute at least a dollar a month. Those who support Macon Media with at least a dollar a month receive early access to video of some events and meetings before they are made public on the website. Videos and news involving public safety are not subject to early access.

Become a Patron!

Or, if you prefer Pay Pal, try PayPal.me/MaconMedia

Published at 3:35am on Friday, February 26, 2021



Source: http://thunderpigblog.blogspot.com/2021/02/wx20210226.html


Before It’s News® is a community of individuals who report on what’s going on around them, from all around the world.

Anyone can join.
Anyone can contribute.
Anyone can become informed about their world.

"United We Stand" Click Here To Create Your Personal Citizen Journalist Account Today, Be Sure To Invite Your Friends.

Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!


Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST

Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST

Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST


Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!

HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation

Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.

MitoCopper - Bioavailable Copper destroys pathogens and gives you more energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser!  Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen! 
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover -  Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%!  (See Video)

Immusist Beverage Concentrate - Proprietary blend, formulated to reduce inflammation while hydrating and oxygenating the cells.

Report abuse
Loading...

    Comments

    Your Comments
    Question   Razz  Sad   Evil  Exclaim  Smile  Redface  Biggrin  Surprised  Eek   Confused   Cool  LOL   Mad   Twisted  Rolleyes   Wink  Idea  Arrow  Neutral  Cry   Mr. Green

    MOST RECENT
    Load more ...

    SignUp

    Login

    Newsletter

    Email this story
    Email this story

    If you really want to ban this commenter, please write down the reason:

    If you really want to disable all recommended stories, click on OK button. After that, you will be redirect to your options page.