Appalachian Voices seeks a full-time IT Specialist to manage our technology systems and support programmatic staff in advancing a clean energy transition in our region. The position will be responsible for maintaining the organization’s network computers, ensuring network function and security at our four regional offices, and providing basic technology support and training for staff as needed. The position will also serve as web developer for the organization’s php-based WordPress websites, and act as server administrator for our Bluehost account. The IT Specialist will also provide technology support for our cloud-based communications, advocacy and fundraising tools including Salesforce for NonProfits, Action Network, Google Workspace for Nonprofits, donation portals, and more.
To be successful, you should have a strong knowledge of MySQL database management, be an excellent troubleshooter, and have a keen interest in learning new technologies. Top candidates will also have the ability to communicate effectively and amiably with end users as well as IT professionals.
The IT Specialist will be based in our Boone, N.C., office. Occasional travel to offices in North Carolina, Virginia, and Tennessee will be required.
- Oversee and maintain equipment and software for all staff / offices
- Provide desktop, software and peripheral support to organizational staff
- Oversee and maintain security and backups for staff computers and servers
- Provide technical and development support for the organization’s CRM and advocacy tools (Salesforce, Click & Pledge, Action Network)
- Serve as administrator of the organization’s Bluehost dedicated web server, and web developer and database administrator for multiple WordPress websites
- Collaborate with data analysts and designers to develop cutting edge tools that help people understand their relationship to energy
- Administer the organization’s network of web and data servers, 2 lan networks, 3 firewall appliances and VPN
- Administer the organization’s Google Workspace for Nonprofits and other cloud-based tools
- Work with the Director of Technology to regularly evaluate digital and IT systems to ensure they meet the necessary demands
- A working knowledge of hardware and software configuration for servers, networks, Mac and Windows computers, and peripherals
- Python, UNIX shell scripting (Bash), and Linux server management experience are pluses
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRMs is highly desirable
- Experience with Google Apps for Nonprofits a plus
- Excellent troubleshooting and creative problem solving skills
- Familiarity with information security practices and procedures
- Effective communication skills with end users as well as IT professionals
- Excellent time management skills and ability to self-manage and prioritize shifting responsibilities
A strong desire to work for an organization working on the front lines of energy-related environmental issues in Appalachia
This position is full-time and is included in a union-represented collective bargaining unit; specific terms and conditions of employment may be subject to a future Collective Bargaining Agreement. Appalachian Voices offers competitive compensation and benefits that include employer-paid health care, vision, and dental policies with options to include family members at a reduced cost, plus short- and long-term disability plans; as well as generous paid vacation and parental leave, options for flexible working hours, and an employer-matched retirement plan.
Salary commensurate with experience, with a targeted hiring range between $45,000 – $60,000. We welcome the opportunity to connect with potential candidates who may be outside of the compensation band. Appalachian Voices is committed to equity in pay practice.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until this position is filled. Target employment date is spring 2022. Questions about the position are welcomed via email. No calls, please.
Please send a resume and a brief cover letter outlining your IT experience and explaining why you are interested in working for an environmental organization to [email protected] with the subject line “[YOUR NAME] application for IT Specialist.”
Protecting the Central and Southern Appalachian Mountain Region
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)