Winter recreation begins on park roads in Grand Teton National Park
News and Adventure from Glacier National Park
Opportunities for over-snow winter recreation are available on park roads in Grand Teton National Park. Enjoy activities such as cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and walking during this special time of year. The park’s winter recreation schedule is as follows:
* Teton Park Road: Open to over-snow winter recreation
* Signal Mountain Summit Road: Open to over-snow winter recreation
* Moose-Wilson Road: Opens Dec. 16 to over-snow winter recreation
Teton Park Road will be groomed between Taggart Lake parking and Signal Mountain Lodge, starting Friday, Dec. 9 through mid-March as conditions allow. The road will be groomed approximately three times a week on Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays. Four lanes will be groomed from Taggart to South Jenny Lake and two lanes from South Jenny Lake to Signal Mountain Lodge.
Parking is available at Taggart Lake Trailhead, Cottonwood Creek Picnic Area and at the gate at the north end of the Teton Park Road near Signal Mountain Lodge.
Grooming is made possible through the financial support from Grand Teton National Park Foundation and a Federal Highway Administration Recreational Trails Program Grant managed by the State of Wyoming. For grooming updates, call the park’s road information line at 307-739-3682.
The use of wheeled vehicles including bicycles, snow/fat/electric bikes, are not permitted on roads designated for winter recreation activities. Bikes are only allowed on roadways open to motor vehicles.
Dogs are welcome to recreate alongside their owners on the Teton Park Road. For the safety of wildlife, visitors and their pets, dogs must always be leashed, are not allowed in the backcountry and must be picked up after. Dog sledding and skijoring are prohibited within Grand Teton National Park and the John D. Rockefeller, Jr. Memorial Parkway.
Additional Winter Recreation Activities:
* Backcountry camping permits are available 24 hours in advance. Call the park’s permit office at 307-739-3309 Mon.—Fri. On weekends, please call Teton Interagency Dispatch Center at 307-739-3301.
* Ranger-led snowshoe hikes are offered daily Dec. 27—30, 2022, and on Wednesdays and Saturdays Jan. 4—Mar. 11, 2023. Reservations are required by calling 307-739-3399 Mon.—Fri. Hikes are scheduled for 1:30—3:30 p.m.
* Winter activities at Colter Bay include primitive camping, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and ice fishing on Jackson Lake. Primitive winter camping is allowed in the Colter Bay Visitor Center parking lot from Dec. 1—Apr. 15, with a $5 per night fee (starting Dec. 15) which can be paid at the Moran Entrance Station.
Limited services and seasonal closures make a winter visit very different from a summer experience. Be sure to plan ahead, recreate responsibly and help ensure this iconic landscape may be enjoyed by future generations. Visit the Winter in Grand Teton webpage for helpful winter planning tools and follow Grand Teton on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more information.
Ramble On: A History of Hiking
Exploring Glacier National Park
Exploring Grand Teton National Park
Anyone can join.
Anyone can contribute.
Anyone can become informed about their world.
"United We Stand" Click Here To Create Your Personal Citizen Journalist Account Today, Be Sure To Invite Your Friends.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation.
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
MitoCopper - Bioavailable Copper destroys pathogens and gives you more energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video).