TORONTO, ONTARIO–(Marketwire – Jan. 7, 2013) - Three students from Wilfrid Laurier University came in fourth in this year’s edition of the Battle for CA$H, winning $300. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario held its annual competition on January 5 to give teams of university students considering a career as a Chartered Accountant the opportunity to compete, have fun and earn some cash prizes. A team from Queen’s university came in first.
“I just came to try to have a good time, be with my team mates and try to win,” said Samantha Hainer, one of the winning Queen’s team members. “Actually winning was just amazing.”
The 2013 CA$H winners are:
- 1st Place – Queen’s University, represented by Jenny Au, Samantha Hainer and Sadman Soeb, who win the CA$H Cup plus $3,000 and an additional $1,500 for their school’s accounting club
- 2nd place – York University – Schulich School of Business, represented by Jason Pham and Alice Mihailescu and Jasmin Cabangon, who win $1,500
- 3rd place – Queen’s University, represented by Brenda Wang, Jonathan Chu and Andy Park, who win $750
- 4th place – Wilfrid Laurier University, represented by Arvin Valencia, Zacch Wood and Arsheel Muhit, who win $300
- 5th place – University of Toronto St. George Campus, represented by Sarah Khan, Marie Kazmer and Maleeha Sheikh, who win $300
To win, the three-person student teams took part in a friendly competition stressing the use of CA skills such as communication, teamwork, leadership and time management. A total of 36 three-person teams from 20 university programs were run through a skill-testing simulation to test the participants’ ability to think on their feet and problem solve.
“The CA$H competition is a chance for students to learn about the skills they’ll need to succeed in the world of business, while competing for prizes that can help fund their education,” said Mona Ghiami, Director, Career Information at the Institute. “It’s a fun event that gives participants a chance to network with peers from across the province and meet representatives from the CA Training Offices. The winners enjoy the cash they get from CA$H but, for the students who didn’t win, we think this competition demonstrates the value of considering the CA profession; a decision that would certainly make them a winner in the long run.”
Other campuses taking part in the competition included:
- Brock University – Goodman School of Business
- Carleton University – Sprott School of Business
- Lakehead University
- McMaster University – DeGroote School of Business
- Ryerson University
- University of Guelph
- University of Guelph-Humber
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT)
- University of Ottawa
- University of Toronto – Mississauga Campus
- University of Toronto – Scarborough Campus
- University of Waterloo
- University of Western Ontario – Bachelor of Management and Organizational Studies
- University of Western Ontario – Richard Ivey School of Business
- University of Windsor
- York University – Atkinson
About the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario:
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario is the qualifying and regulatory body of Ontario’s more than 36,000 Chartered Accountants and 5,000 CA students. Since 1879, the Institute has protected the public interest through the CA profession’s internationally recognized standards of qualification and the enforcement of its rules of professional conduct. Chartered Accountants are the professionals Canada’s business leaders trust to help make the financial, strategic and leadership decisions that matter. The Institute’s website is: www.icao.on.ca and the student website is www.guidetorulingtheworld.ca.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)