Make Summer Maintenance Simple With This Handy Checklist
In summer, it’s easy to take a relaxed approach to everything—even home maintenance. So start tackling your summer home maintenance today. Our checklist makes it simple.
Naturally, you may not want to spend a large chunk of your free time this summer doing home maintenance. But you don’t want to put it off till it’s too late either. Below is a list of common items to consider. Decide which are priorities for you and tackle those first. Then divvy up the responsibilities or hire professionals to make the best use of your time.
Summer Home Maintenance Checklist
• Inspect your house exterior for loose or rotted siding. Power wash siding or brick. This will help get rid of any dust, dirt, tree sap, bird droppings, etc., that leave your home looking less than its best.
• Repair and repaint any chipped, cracking or faded exterior paint. Besides improving your home’s curb appeal, it will also help protect it from the elements.
• Wash windows inside and out. You’ll be amazed how much more light will stream in and how much clearer your view will be.
• Check brick tuckpointing. Also, inspect foundation for cracks or leaks. Foundation cracks can create an entry point for groundwater, insects and radon gas. Repair as needed.
• Have air conditioner checked and serviced. Regular A/C maintenance can extend the life of your unit and may reduce the need for costly A/C repairs.
• Check windows for leaks. Recaulk seals on doors and windows. This can help increase your home’s energy efficiency.
• Power wash and reseal your deck. This will help prevent any wood from splitting, graying or cracking.
• Clean out gutters and downspouts. Summer storms and high winds can deposit debris in your gutters. Even though this is generally considered a job for spring and fall, summer is also recommended.
• Clean out the faucet traps (the small screen on the end of your faucet) to eliminate clogging mineral deposits and other debris. Simply unscrew the end of the faucet with a pair of pliers, remove the trap, flush out the debris and replace.
• Clean the dryer vent and exhaust duct. Without some maintenance, clogged lint and dust in your dryer vents could cause a house fire.
• Inspect outdoor play equipment. Reinforce, tighten and re-stain, reseal or repaint as needed.
• Inspect fencing. Reinforce, re-stain, reseal or repaint as needed.
• Refill cracks on cement walkway or driveway. Concrete is strong, but it can be easily damaged by standing water and freezing water that seeps in through the cracks.
Summer’s mild weather means it’s also the ideal season to take on projects like these:
• Replacing old windows or front doors
• Replacing your roof
• Replacing a chimney cap
• Refinishing flooring
• Adding skylights
• Building a deck or
• Servicing your snow blower before the first snowfall
Learn what other tasks round out our Summer Maintenance Checklist so you can be productive and still maximize your fun in the sun.
These tips were found on AHS.com and shared with you via Manies Construction.
#summermaintenance #ahs #maniesconstruction
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)
Immusist Beverage Concentrate - Proprietary blend, formulated to reduce inflammation while hydrating and oxygenating the cells.