Cleaning Tips for Dorm Rooms
If you are getting ready to start college and this is your first time living away from your parents, siblings, and childhood home in general, you will need to accommodate to your new lifestyle. The burst of independence that your new life as a student will bring upon will definitely make you feel like you were born again. However, the same independence will also mean you will need to start practicing your adulthood responsibilities. If you never truly paid any attention to cleaning after yourself before going to college, things are about to change. It will all begin with your dorm room.
Quick Dorm Room Cleaning Tips
As small and simple to clean and maintain it might look like, a dorm room can be a real challenge for some students with little to no experience with cleaning. We are not only talking about carpet cleaning as seen on professional carpet cleaning service websites such as rugcleaningnyc.com but also things like:
- Making your bed every day. This apparently insignificant gesture will make a huge difference in helping you maintain your room neat and tidy. Plus, it has been proven that a bed that is made every morning will help you clear your mind, make you feel more productive, organized, less stressed, more fulfilled, and send you into the right mood to study or work on your computer. Seven out of ten Americans are into the habit of making their bed in the morning, so if you are not part of the statistics just yet, make sure you change your habits as soon as possible and thank yourself later!
- Change your bedsheets regularly. To enjoy peaceful and relaxed sleep, enjoy fresh bedsheets at least once a week, if possible. If your mattress is stained or dirty and you cannot clean it using regular stain removal products, hire an expert cleaner who specializes in mattress cleaning with the help of eco-friendly cleaning products for the best results.
- Put all your items in the right place. Place your shoes on a designated shoe rack or a closet, put all your clothes in on hangers, inside the closet and leave the floors empty and ready for vacuuming and washing.
- Tackle fresh spills straight away. As soon as you notice a fresh coffee, juice, or food spill, make sure you clean it using a damp cloth, some mild soap or a mix of baking soda and white vinegar. You should also wipe down all surfaces including the desk area, any side tables, fridge or microwave inside your dorm room. This way, you will prevent the buildup of dirt and grime that will be more difficult to clean later on.
- Vacuum/sweep and mop the floors every other day. Or do it as often you find the time for it, to ease your work. If possible, try not to use any harsh and toxic chemicals since your living room is extremely limited in size and the toxic vapors will linger in the air you will breathe for many hours or days after you are done cleaning. Instead, focus on using mild soap and water on most surfaces and try to use a steam floor cleaner at least once a month to disinfect the carpeting. If you do not own one, hire a professional carpet cleaning service that relies on steam cleaning to assist you.
- Empty the trash on a regular basis. Don’t wait to see the trash overflowing on the floor to prevent ants and rodents from taking over your room. Take the trash out before it becomes a problem.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)
Immusist Beverage Concentrate - Proprietary blend, formulated to reduce inflammation while hydrating and oxygenating the cells.