Jets vs Browns Last-Minute Look; Shorthanded Jets in for a Long Night
There’s no shortage of story lines this Monday night as the Jets prepare to take on the Cleveland Browns. You can take a look at our game preview and a story on the Gregg Williams/Odell Beckham controversy here, but there are also a few more tidbits to pass along.
- The Jets are officially the walking wounded (and suspended). Here we are, a day shy of their week two contest, and they’ll be without the following players that were heavily counted on as training camp got under way.
- QB Sam Darnold (mononucleosis)
- ILB CJ Mosley (Hamstring)
- ILB Avery Williamson (IR)
- WR Quincy Enunwa (IR)
- DT Quinnen Williams (Ankle)
- TE Chris Herndon (suspended)
- If the offensive line doesn’t play better or if things just get out of hand on the scoreboard, Jets fans could see two quarterbacks make their debuts. Trevor Siemian will start and has a couple dozen NFL starts under his belt. His backup, Luke Falk, has never taken an NFL snap. A collegiate star just a coupe of years ago, Falk completed 68% of his passes at Washington State where he also had a 3-1 TD to INT ratio. Falk has been elevated from the practice squad to back up Siemian.
- The Jets currently have just five wide receivers on the active roster and one of them is dealing with a balky hamstring (Demaryius Thomas). The injury report was a disaster all-around. It might be in the team’s best interest to elevate an additional wide receiver from the practice squad along with Falk.
Only 2 WRs on the Jets roster weren’t listed on the injury report this week (Bellamy, Crowder). D. Thomas missed time and has never practiced with his new team. Anderson figures to be heavily targeted but double-teamed and Berrios has never caught an NFL pass. Yikes.
— Glenn Naughton (@AceFan23) September 15, 2019
- The Jets opened some eyes when they decided to carry nine defensive linemen after setting their final 53. It was supposed to be for a heavy rotation of D-linemen but only five were active in week one. They’re still carrying nine. How many suit up on Monday?
- The Jets will need to get pressure on Baker Mayfield if they have any chance to stay in this game. Jordan Jenkins did a nice job in week one. If he can keep that up, it will make life easier on Gregg Williams’ defense.
Nice use of hands here by Jordan Jenkins (48) to shed the LT and get the strip sack. Earned second highest PFF grade of his career of 82.4 (previous high 82.6). Expect double-digit sacks this year. pic.twitter.com/IGjUiLfgFx
— Glenn Naughton (@AceFan23) September 13, 2019
The post Jets vs Browns Last-Minute Look; Shorthanded Jets in for a Long Night appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).
Get our Free Ebook, "Suppressed Health Secrets" with Natural Cures THEY don't want you to know!
APeX - Far superior to colloidal silver! Destroys Viruses, Bacteria, Pathogens with Oxygen plus Silver!Supreme Fulvic - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
Ultimate Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
MitoCopper - Bioavailable Copper destroys pathogens and gives you more energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Organic Hemp Extract (CBD) - Full Spectrum high CBD (3300mg) hemp extract eases stiff joints, relieves stress and more!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)
FINAL WARNING! Diseases are EXPLODING! Watch this Video about APeX and You'll THROW AWAY Your Colloidal Silver! APeX destroys Viruses, Bacteria and other Pathogens with the power of Oxygen PLUS Silver! Nobody else has a product like THIS! See why the inventor hasn't been sick in 16 years and why you'll never hear about it on the FAKE NEWS! Get some now and tell your friends about it too so we can reach more people!