The benefits of honey are numerous and it has been used for thousands of years not only for it’s nutritional value, but for it’s medicinal uses as well.
Raw honey is a natural product of the honeybee and is considered the best and most beneficial form of honey. The recorded use of honey as a food and medicine goes back to at least 500 BC. It is mentioned in the bible more than any other food product.
The benefits of honey and its uses
- Use for a quick boost instead of a caffeinated, energy drink. The glucose in honey is absorbed quickly for that immediate boost, while the fructose is absorbed more slowly for a more sustained effect.
- For sore throats and coughs. Some studies have shown that honey, especially buckwheat honey, is better at helping to alleviate coughs than some medicines like dextromethorphan and diphenhydramine.
- Honey is good for those with sleeplessness. Mix it with your favorite decaffeinated tea or warm milk for a peaceful nights sleep.
- Honey can help soothe the membranes and fight infection for those suffering a head cold.
- Up until the middle of the 20th century,because of its antibacterial properties, honey was used to treat wounds, infections of the skin and burns. Simply apply a small amount of honey to the wound area and cover with a bandage or wrap.
- Honey promotes a healthy digestive system and can be used to promote healthy bowel movements and assist with constipation.
- Honey can be used to fight acne. Wash the face with warm water and honey, then apply a small amount of honey to the blemishes. The skin should begin to clear up within a day or so.
- Honey can help alleviate the effects of a hangover by assisting the liver in breaking down the excess alcohol in the system.
- Honey can help women who are suffering from morning sickness.
- Honey can lower total cholesterol while increasing the amount of good cholesterol (HDL) which will help in fighting heart disease.
- Honey can reduce the itch and irritation of mosquito bites.
- Using raw, local honey a few months before allergy season can help lessen the effect of allergies.
- Research has shown that honey can boost the bodies immune system. Honey raises blood levels of protective antioxidant compounds in humans.
- You can use honey in cooking and baking as an alternative to refined sugar. Honey is sweeter than sugar so use about 1/3 less than the recipe call for.
- The honey and lemon diet can help you lose weight and keep it off.
These are just a few of the many benefits of raw honey.The term “raw honey” refers to honey that has not been pasteurized or heated, which totally destroys the beneficial properties of honey. We recommend that you buy only raw honey, preferably from a local beekeeper. If you cant find a local beekeeper, there are some places online that you can find raw honey.
Never give honey to a child under the age of 18 months. In the process of gathering nectar, honeybees can pick up certain bacteria that can lead to food poisoning in children under a certain age, who’s digestive system is not fully developed and capable of fending off the bacteria.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)
Immusist Beverage Concentrate - Proprietary blend, formulated to reduce inflammation while hydrating and oxygenating the cells.