Salt has a lot of surprising uses in a survival scenario. The most common uses of salt are as food flavoring, for food preserving and baking. But here’s 35 more reasons to store salt – and lots of it!
1. Rust remover. Make paste out of 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 6 tablespoons of salt, apply to rusted area with cloth. Rub thoroughly then rinse and dry.
2. Improve coffee flavor. Adding a pinch of salt in your ground coffee before turning the coffeemaker on will reduce the beverage’s acidic taste.
3. Eliminate bad odors. Pour 1/2 cup of salt into the garbage disposal then run it according to manufacturer’s directions. Get rid of fish odor from your hands by rubbing them with a lemon wedge dipped in salt and then rinse with water. For smelly wooden cutting boards, remove the bad odor by gently rubbing a generous amount of salt over the surface using a damp cloth. Wash it with warm, sudsy water afterwards.
4. Salt soothes sore throats. A mild sore throat can be remedied by gargling several times a day with a mixture of 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 cup warm water.
5. Test egg freshness with salt. Add 2 teaspoonfuls of salt to a cup of water. Put the egg in the cup of water; if it sinks, it is fresh. If it floats, throw it away.
6. Clean greasy pans with salt. Greasy iron pans are no match to salt; simply use a bit of the substance on the greasy surface then wipe with paper towels.
7. Remove coffee or tea stains on cups by rubbing them with salt.
8. Calm that rogue BBQ fire. Sprinkle some salt on flames from food dripping in barbecue grills to minimize the flames and smoke without cooling the coals. Also, throwing salt on a kitchen fire will extinguish it.
9. Remove pinfeathers easily from a chicken by rubbing the chicken skin with salt.
10. Prevent mold on cheese by wrapping it in a cloth dampened with saltwater before putting it in the fridge.
11. Keep milk fresh longer by adding a pinch of salt to milk. (Great if you don’t mind your milk a tad salty)
12. Make it easier to scale fish by soaking the fish in salt water first before descaling it.
13. Make non-stick pancakes by first rubbing salt on your pancake griddle.
14. Cut flowers can be kept fresh by adding a dash of salt to the water in the vase.
15. Kill weeds by spreading salt on the ground near the roots of the weeds. This is an easy and effective way to get rid of unwanted weeds on your rock garden, patios and driveways. However, be careful not to sprinkle too much salt because this substance in excess can ruin the soil.
16. Kill poison ivy by mixing 3 pounds of salt with a gallon of soapy water then spray the mixture to the leaves and stems.
17. Deodorize your canvas shoes by sprinkling it with a little salt occasionally. The salt will reduce moisture and remove bad odor.
18. Relieve bee stings by immediately wetting the stung area and covering it with salt.
19. Discourage ants from invading your home by sprinkling salt in places where ants can sneak in such as doorways and window sills.
20. Clean your teeth with salt. Mix 1 part fine salt with 2 parts baking soda, dip your toothbrush in the mixture and brush your teeth. The baking soda also helps whiten teeth.
21. Saltwater mouthwash will treat sore gums, canker sores and bad breath. Just add 1 teaspoon salt with 1 glass warm water and you have a very effective oral hygiene treatment.
22. Melt ice by sprinkling salt over it.
23. Salt removes soot. Loosen soot from the chimney by throwing a handful of salt on the flames in your fireplace. The salt also makes a bright yellow flame.
24. Soak pecans and walnuts to make them easier to shell.
25. Lessen the starch content of potatoes by soaking them in salt water before using them. Saltwater also keeps potatoes and apples white.
26. Freshen the air in your house by cutting an orange in half and sprinkling both halves with salt.
27. Fix small holes in plaster using salt and cornstarch paste. Mix up to 2 tablespoons of salt and cornstarch and add enough water to make a thick paste.
28. Brighten your curtains and rugs by pouring ½ cup of salt into your washing machine along with the curtains or rugs.
29. Keep windows from becoming frosty during the winter by rubbing a rag dampened with saltwater over them.
30. Dry clean your dog with salt. Sprinkling salt on your dog’s fur and then brushing the salt out will easily remove dirt and fleas.
31. Exfoliate your skin with salt. Add salt to some baby oil then gently rub on skin. Rinse well after.
32. Make an antiseptic saline solution to use both internally and externally on sores and minor lacerations. Dilute 1 teaspoon of salt diluted in one cup of warm water (best to use natural sea salts) and you have an excellent antiseptic solution.
33. Make salt soaks that can offer relief in times of duress and bodily pain. Salt soaks can be applied to cramped and aching hands and feet or used as a whole body bath.
34. Reduce boiling time (especially in high altitude) by adding a dash of salt to the water.
35. Sanitize sponges with salt. Sponges can be a breeding ground for bacteria. Remove some of the germs by sudsing up the sponges, rinsing them thoroughly and then soaking them in cold, heavily salted water for up to 2 hours.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)