Notes from Carbine Class
- Doing a good job of balancing acceptable accuracy and speed. For where my skills are now the balance is good. I’m seeming to be able to accurately judge how much time I need to make angoven shot.
- Generally getting solid hits on target.
- Transitions are going ok and more importantly becoming automatic. For a traditional Army Infantry guy getting used to transitioning to the pistol up close (vs getting the rifle back in the fight) takes some doing but it’s feeling good.
- Shooting when my weak side foot is down has done wonders for my shooting on the move.
-Maybe some other stuff but enough self ass kissing
-The set up I used today with my pistol, 2x Pistol mags in a sxs pouch and 2x rifle mags in a double stack pouch on a rigger belt is a winner. It has some kinks to work out but to me for a home defense type set up the concept is proven.
- While too early to say for sure I’m happy with the new Glock magpul mags. Flawless.
- My guns worked great
Now to the less good stuff
- Head shots and POA/POI on the AR. Under 25 meters or so the 2. whatever inch difference between the line of your sights and where the bullet goes matters. I know the concept but am not doing well performing it quickly. Putting my sights on someone’s hair to shoot them between the eyes is hard to remember when I go fast.
- The push/ pull method of seating a magazine is superior to the old army slap but I’m having a serious issue with the slap being so ingrained in me. Need to dry fire it a lot.
-I should shoot offhand at 50-75m more. That’s not a strong area for me.
- On transitions to pistol I need to push the rifle a little bit further to the side instead of trying to game it to make time.
- While the concept I used today of a pair of pants with rifle and pistol mags on a normal type belt was validated some the components were not. For the pistol mags I basically had a normal TT 2 mag pouch. Reloads from it sucked. I’m looking at some other options.
- The VTAC Cobra belt should replace the random rigger belt I am using.
- As another option I really like and will eventually get is probably the Hailey Strategic DC3 cheat rig. None of the chest rigs I have can accommodate a standard strong side holster as they come too far into my side. I have holsters that work for that but in a modular set up I like a standard strong side OWB holster. Also civie Ryan probably doesn’t need 10 mags an if he does he will wear a full on belt kit.
Anyone can join.
Anyone can contribute.
Anyone can become informed about their world.
"United We Stand" Click Here To Create Your Personal Citizen Journalist Account Today, Be Sure To Invite Your Friends.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation.
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
MitoCopper - Bioavailable Copper destroys pathogens and gives you more energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video).