Being self-sufficient or being able to provide for your own without the help of others is important when you plan to go on a survival adventure and also during a crisis.
Growing your own food, raising your own livestock, knowing what to bring, and collecting your own water is an example of being self-sufficient. In this way you don’t have to depend on other people, because you already have a good source of the things you need to survive. Here are ways on how to become more self-sufficient:
Know The Important Things To Pack When Travelling
Whether it’s your first time traveling or the hundredth time, there are still essential things to pack when traveling to consider. And packing the right stuff for your travels is still a tricky one. Yes, you may have packed the right clothes and the right pair of shoes but what about the small things? Some things may seem unimportant at the time of packing but could turn out to be essential later on. Here are 9 things that are essential to have when going on a survival adventure:
- Tiger Balm- Tiger balms are one of the most important things to pack when traveling because mosquito and other insect bites are always a problem for any outdoor traveler. With Tiger Balm at your disposal, any mosquito or other insect bites can be addressed making outdoor camping more enjoyable and stress free.
- Flash Drive- The bigger the storage space the better. The memories that you will be having in your travels will be priceless. So what is a better way to store the pictures and videos that you will be taking than in those very dependable flash drives. Your favorite music and movies can also be easily copied giving you easy access to them whenever you feel watching a movie or just listening to your kind of music.
- Tablets- Multivitamins and Echinacea. The multivitamins will give you your needed dietary supplements in your travels and Echinacea will help keep those traveling ailments at bay.
- Padlock- Plain and simple, padlocks keep any opportunistic people from ransacking your precious rucksack.
- Money- Card: Bring a card or two, preferably one Visa and one Mastercard. Make sure to keep your cards separated at all times so as not to lose them both if ever you are victimized by a pickpocket. If you can only have a single card at your disposal, it is better to bring a Visa card for it is widely more accepted by banks around the world.Cash: $300 cash is enough and it will be a big relief if your cards do not work on any machine in town. If you can stash your cash in a separate place from your card, the more secure you’ll be.
- Documents- Your passport, drivers license, and travel insurance are a must have if you are traveling outside your own country. So make sure to pack them safely in your bag before leaving your house for that great getaway adventure.
- Mini Medi-Kit- When I say mini, it should really be mini. A small box enough to fit your basic medical needs is important when going on a travel vacation. Band-aids, plasters, scissors, bottle of iodine, and some painkillers are the basic medical needs that should be present in your mini medi-kit.
- Condoms- There is a saying, “Take only memories and leave only footprint.” It is no secret that sometimes travelers go on a more personal and intimate adventure than others. So it is wise to always have with you protection for those sexually transmitted diseases. As they say, “Prevention is always better than cure.”
- Regular Phone- You do not need those high end smart phones when you go on an outdoor adventure. A simple phone is enough. The important thing is that you are still connected to your loved ones, friends, or travel agent. It will also lessen the possibility of getting mugged just because you are carrying with you an expensive smart phone.
Know First Aids
Anybody can get hurt during a disaster and emergency personnel may not be able to get to your location quickly. Having a skill in first aid and CPR is very important during an emergency situation. Learn the basic about first aid; you can check if there are fire departments and hospitals in your area who are giving free classes about CPR and first aid.
A first aid kit is also important during a disaster. There will be injuries and wounds that need to be treated.
A Little Knowledge on Gardening Will Go A Long Way
Finding food during a disaster is very difficult. There are possibilities that supermarkets or groceries are closed and it can last for weeks. Growing your own food can be helpful when tragedy strikes. You don’t have to worry where to get food for your family, when you have a garden in your backyard you can easily pick some veggies and cook it for your family.
You should learn the basics about gardening so that you will have the knowledge about gardening techniques. You may want to start growing your garden now and do not wait for tragedy to strike before doing it.
Know How To Raise Livestock
Veggies are good for our body, but we also need meat. You don’t have to hunt for food if you have a livestock. If you know how to raise livestock then you can have a steady supply of meat. You can also get some milk and eggs. Learn the basics about raising a livestock so that you will know what livestock are good in your area. Make sure that you have a place to keep livestock and that you have enough space.
Know How To Hunt, Fish & Forage
The knowledge and ability to track down and hunt animals for food or recognize edible plants in the wild or around your immediate location is invaluable. Fishing is also a necessary self-sufficiency skill to have because there are nutrients and essential vitamins that can only be taken from fish which you will need during a SHTF scenario when supplements may not be available. Start honing your hunting, fishing and foraging skills now.
You should also know how to prepare and cook the food you catch or find. You may know how to cook from a gas range or stove but do you know how to cook properly from a fire pit? Learn how to butcher and skin game because when SHTF you will have to do everything yourself.
Know How To Build a fire
Knowing how to build a fire is a very important skill to have. Fire is essential for survival; we use it cook our food, boil water, it also provides us heat and light, etc. There are some tools that you can use to build up a fire, but what if you don’t have any of those? Having a skill about fire making can come in handy during an emergency.
Know How To Locate Water Sources
When the water stops flowing from the tap, where will you get water to use? You may have water stocked for drinking but you will also need water for others things such as washing and cleaning. Besides, your water supply will run out if not in a week or two then in just days. You need to know where to get water and you should also know how to purify it for drinking and other purposes.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)
Immusist Beverage Concentrate - Proprietary blend, formulated to reduce inflammation while hydrating and oxygenating the cells.