This post is original published at Food Storage Made Easy, to learn more from them sign up for their newsletter at FoodStorageMadeEasy.net/checklists/monthly-newsletter/
Welcome to the 7 Day Challenge. Today is our fourth day of “PRACTICING” our Emergency Preparedness and Food Storage Plans during this mock emergency. Each day will bring about a new component to the situation that will test at least one of the reasons “WHY” we strive to be prepared! Please feel free to adapt the scenarios to fit your own family and situation. REMEMBER: No going to a store, restaurant, gas station, or spending any money for all 5 days! We’ve got to make it a challenge!
Remember, in order to receive each day’s emergency scenario in your email you need to sign up for the 7 Day Challenge email list.
DAY 5: PRACTICE (Tuesday, September 25th)
CROP FAILURE: Due to the initial chemical bomb that was set off, the land in your country has not been farmable for an extended period of time. You have to live off of the foods you have stored for the foreseeable future. TOday we will be cooking with long term storage foods and making a plan for the future.
Daily Tasks and Limitations
- Take an inventory of your long term food supply. How many months can your family survive off of what you have stored? (Use this calculator to help)
- Cook all of your meals and snacks today using your long term food storage foods.
- Make a loaf of bread from scratch. (Try the BEST bread recipe found here).
- Make a meal using dried beans. Force yourself to cook with them.
- Cook something with a food you have stored that you have never tried using before.
- Fill out your daily worksheets (see below).
- Share your experiences today over in the facebook group.
- For this day, and ALL days of the challenge: no spending money, no going to stores or gas stations, and no restaurants.
- You cannot eat any foods that are not on your long term food storage calculator (or that have less than a 10 year shelf life)
- Make a one week meal plan based off of your long term food storage foods.
- Make all your meals “from scratch”, no convenience foods.
- Plant some vegetable seeds indoors, you will need to have food to eat once your supplies run out.
Print out the worksheets below and add items you need to do, to learn, and to buy as you find holes in your preparedness plans throughout the week.
Check back first thing in the morning or subscribe to be notified of the next challenge!
MAKE SURE to visit the group page on Facebook to discuss your progress and share pictures and tips. It’s a great place to learn from other people’s experience and knowledge.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)