When Seconds Count: 5 Items for Quick-Action Response
This article was originally published by Jeremiah Johnson at Tess Pennington’s Ready Nutrition.
- You just hit a deer on the road about halfway between work and home on your 30-mile one-way commute. As you tried to avoid him, you swerved and hit a patch of ice and went off of an embankment. Ramming a tree, you went unconscious. You came to only to find a large laceration about 4” long running across your forehead
- You are just about to leave work when suddenly the entire building shakes. You’re up on the fifth floor, and a ceiling joist gives way, and half of the 6th floor of your workplace is now also on the fifth floor. Even worse: you’re pinned under a beam and a big piece of jagged wood has gone right into your thigh.
- You’re in a very packed and congested shopping mall and suddenly, two guys with masks turn the corner with AK-47’s yelling in Arabic, firing their weapons in all directions. One of the bullets ricochets and hit you in the calf.
ReadyNutrition Readers, hopefully, you are never in one of the examples…and really hopefully, not the same guy or gal in all three of them (that would really be bad luck, wouldn’t it?). The point is that weird things, such as auto accidents, earthquakes, or terrorist Jihadists assaulting Chic-fil-A happen virtually all the time, now. You may be just the innocent bystander or unwilling participant mentioned in one of these tragedies. We hope that isn’t the case.
But if it is? You had better be as ready as you can. Let’s talk about some things that could give you a winning edge that you may be able to tote around on your person, either in your pockets or in a small bag. We’re going to address some common problems that these unlucky individuals are facing in each of these scenarios.
Bad wounds – laceration, impaled wood, and a bullet. All are serious, and each of them will require immediate medical attention. The problem is you may not have the time to wait until trained personnel reach you, and (in the case of a SHTF event) they may never reach you. But maybe you have these, for starters:
- Outdoor Wound Care Kit: with Celox, made by Total Resources, Int’l, accessible via totalresourcesintl.com. The Celox clots the blood within 60 seconds. The whole kit is about $8.00 at Wal-Mart. Great for bullet wounds and lacerations…. think “Stop Gap,” and stop that bleeding, while you’re sealing up the gaps.
- The Army Field Dressing: Seriously, this one is a good one that you really need to pick up. It’s listed as Dressing, First Aid, Field, Camouflaged, 4” x 6 ¼ to 7 ¼ inches NSN 6510-00-159-4883. It has its own “tails” to tie it off and bind up that wound.
- Fish Mox Forte: Fish Amoxicillin, comes in 500 mg capsules of 100 per bottle at about $40 per bottle. Good to throw a course of antibiotics on immediately when faced with a dirty wound.
- Electrolyte Stamina Power Pak: This electrolyte made by Trace Minerals Research is a type of ORS (Oral Rehydration Solution) that you mix with about 6 ounces of water. Provides all of your electrolytes, such as Sodium, Potassium, and Magnesium. If you’re conscious, you can drink fluids with any of the above examples, and if so, these packets will give you a super-helping of electrolytes, as well as other essential minerals you need.
- St. John’s Wort: available at Wal-Mart under Spring Valley Brand, 300 mg capsules with 150 capsules per bottle, at about $8.00 apiece. St. John’s Wort is great for dealing with depression and stress. It is also a powerful antibiotic that is effective against bacteria and viruses. Take some according to the directions on the package.
To summarize, these are a few things you can tote around with you in a jacket or cargo pocket that will give you an immediate edge when a situation arises that calls for you to work on it immediately. Spread it out and make kits as such for your family. Remember: when something happens to them and you’re working on the problem, use their stuff…your stuff is for you, and if you “go down,” they can go to it and treat your problem…with your supplies. Stay ready and rock steady!
A little bit of that prep beforehand goes a long way. Familiarize yourself with it and all of the capabilities at your disposal. A pile of supplies that you don’t know how to use is just a pile of supplies. Keep fighting that good fight, drink coffee, make pemmican with my recipe, and have a good one! JJ out!
This article has been contributed by SHTF Plan. Visit www.SHTFplan.com for alternative news, commentary and preparedness info.
Get our Free Ebook, "Suppressed Health Secrets" with Natural Cures THEY don't want you to know!
APeX - Far superior to colloidal silver! Destroys Viruses, Bacteria, Pathogens with Oxygen plus Silver!Supreme Fulvic - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
Ultimate Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
MitoCopper - Bioavailable Copper destroys pathogens and gives you more energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Organic Hemp Extract (CBD) - Full Spectrum high CBD (3300mg) hemp extract eases stiff joints, relieves stress and more!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)
FINAL WARNING! Diseases are EXPLODING! Watch this Video about APeX and You'll THROW AWAY Your Colloidal Silver! APeX destroys Viruses, Bacteria and other Pathogens with the power of Oxygen PLUS Silver! Nobody else has a product like THIS! See why the inventor hasn't been sick in 16 years and why you'll never hear about it on the FAKE NEWS! Get some now and tell your friends about it too so we can reach more people!