This post is original published at Food Storage Made Easy, to learn more from them sign up for their newsletter at FoodStorageMadeEasy.net/checklists/monthly-newsletter/
Welcome to the 7 Day Challenge. For 7 days, we are testing our Emergency Preparedness and Food Storage Plans. Each day will bring a NEW mock emergency or situation that will test at least one of the reasons “WHY” we strive to be prepared! Please feel free to adapt the scenarios to fit your own family and situation.
In order to receive each day’s emergency scenario in your email please sign up for the 7 Day Challenge email list.
REMEMBER: No going to a store, gas station, or spending any money for the entire 7 days … and on that note, let’s get started!
DAY 1: Sewage Backup
THERE IS AN OBSTRUCTION IN YOUR MAIN SEWER LINE. Sewage has backed up into all of your bathtubs due to the fact that no water is getting through the main line. It does NOT smell pretty and it’s not safe to enter the bathrooms. You cannot use any running water in the house or it will just add to the problem.
Daily Tasks and Limitations
- At the first sign of a sewer line clog, you need to turn off your main water supply. You won’t want extra water to flow into areas that are already backed up. (view post on how to turn off main water supply).
- You must find a way to go the bathroom (number 1 AND number 2) without flushing any toilets.
- You must prepare all meals using stored water.
- You must wash all dishes using stored water.
- Take a “bath” or wash your body without using running water or entering your bathrooms.
- Calculate how much water you used today and compare it to how much you had stored.
- Share your experiences today over in the facebook group.
- For this day, and ALL days of the challenge: no spending money, no going to stores or gas stations, and no restaurants.
- Do not enter any bathroom in your house that contains a bathtub or shower basin. Lock the doors so your kids (and you) won’t forget or be tempted.
- You cannot use any running water as it will cause more water to back up into your drains.
- Do a load of laundry (it can be big or small) without using running water or pouring water down the drain.
- Pretend all your stored water is used up and go and collect (and purify) enough water to get through the day.
Print out the worksheets below and add items you need to do, to learn, and to buy as you find holes in your preparedness plans throughout the week.
REMEMBER, TOMORROW’S CHALLENGE WILL BE DIFFERENT
Check back first thing in the morning or subscribe to be notified of the next challenge!
MAKE SURE to visit the group page on Facebook to discuss your progress and share pictures and tips. It’s a great place to learn from other people’s experience and knowledge.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)