An extensive body of research shows that chocolate provides significant health benefits.
And, we know that cannabidiol (more commonly known as CBD) possesses tremendous therapeutic value.
Don’t worry – these “edibles” won’t get you high if you use CBD from Organica Naturals, because their pure isolate CBD powder is made from hemp and contains no THC. If you already have a CBD oil on hand, you can also use that. But to get a large amount of CBD Oil per truffle, you will end up using most of the bottle which is why we recommend the pure isolate powder.
CBD is known to help with a wide range of ailments including anxiety, arthritis, depression, trouble sleeping, pain, acne, cancer-related symptoms, heart health, and digestive troubles. Scientific research has shown CBD has strong antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-convulsant, anti-depressant, anti-psychotic, anti-tumoral, and neuroprotective qualities.
A Heart-Friendly Treat
Chocolate is filled with nutrients and antioxidants, is heart-friendly, has anti-inflammatory properties, is good for your brain, may reduce the risk of stroke. And, it contains over 300 naturally-occurring chemicals, some of which make you feel happy via the release of certain neurotransmitters
Chocolate is one of the most-craved foods in the world, and the reasons go beyond its pleasing taste and texture – it contains over 300 naturally-occurring chemicals, some of which make you feel happy via the release of certain neurotransmitters.
There are different ways you can take CBD. A common method is by placing a few drops under the tongue (sublingual administration). However, you can add CBD to food, and a benefit of this is that it increases bioavailability – that is, it improves the rate and degree at which the CBD is absorbed by the bloodstream. When CBD is ingested, it passes through the digestive tract, where it’s absorbed into the bloodstream and travels throughout your body.
Cannabinoids are absorbed more if ingested on a full stomach. CBD is fat-soluble, and one study found that consuming it with dietary fat (hello, chocolate, butter, and whipping cream!) can increase the amount of CBD that reaches your bloodstream by almost 3-fold.
Here’s an indulgent recipe you have to try!
Sumptuous Chocolate CBD Truffles
- 8 ounces of semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate (high quality, 62% cacao or higher), well chopped into small pieces
- 3 cups chocolate morsels
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 gram of pure CBD isolate powder (I like the products from Organica Naturals)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Toppings: flaked coconut, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, chopped nuts, chopped chocolate, sprinkles
- In a small, heavy saucepan bring the heavy whipping cream to a simmer (this may take a while, be sure to stir and scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula every few minutes).
- Using a double broiler, allow water to simmer and stir chopped chocolate and butter and allow the mixture to thoroughly melt. Set aside and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Place the chocolate in a separate bowl. Pour the cream over the chocolate, add the vanilla, CBD powder, and any additional ingredients you want to add. You can choose how much isolate powder you use. Typically, we use 1/2 gram of isolate powder which will give you 41 milligrams of CBD per truffle.
- Allow to stand for a few minutes then stir until smooth.
- Allow to cool, then place in the refrigerator for two hours or overnight. Remove and with a teaspoon roll out balls of the ganache. Roll in your hands quickly (as it will melt from the heat of your hands) and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Roll truffles in your favorite topping: cocoa powder, sprinkles, or chopped nuts and serve, or place back in the refrigerator until needed.
- When ready to serve, allow truffles to come to room temperature around 30 minutes for the best flavor.
You might be wondering how many of these delicious truffles you can eat since they contain CBD (concerns about calories aside!). As we explained in 5 Fascinating Facts About CBD You Need to Know, CBD dosing is not an exact science:
With CBD, more is not always better, and sometimes “less is more”. CBD dosage can be tricky for this reason. CBD can be effective at a wide range of dosages. That’s why there isn’t a standard dosage for CBD products. What works for you may not work for your sibling or your neighbor, for example. It can take some experimentation with various dosages to find your own “sweet spot.” A popular saying among CBD advocates is “start low, go slow” for this reason.
Cannabis compounds have biphasic properties, which means that low and high doses of CBD can produce opposite effects. Small doses of cannabis tend to stimulate, and large doses can have a more sedating effect. If you are taking CBD to improve sleep, keep in mind that lower doses (15 mg, in one study) can increase wakefulness, and higher doses (160 mg or more) have been linked to more time sleeping.
The good news is that CBD is safe, non-intoxicating, and non-addictive, and can be used by people of all ages. It is usually well-tolerated, but it can interfere with certain medications. Please consult with your healthcare provider if you are taking prescription drugs and would like to take CBD.
Have you tried CBD yet?
If so, what has your experience been like so far? Please share your thoughts in the comments.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)
Immusist Beverage Concentrate - Proprietary blend, formulated to reduce inflammation while hydrating and oxygenating the cells.