This post is original published at Food Storage Made Easy, to learn more from them sign up for their newsletter at FoodStorageMadeEasy.net/checklists/monthly-newsletter/
Last summer I moved across the country and put all of my food and emergency supplies in a storage unit while building a home with my new husband and now SEVEN children! We finally got moved in this spring and as I’ve been unpacking I noticed a whole lot of expired foods, things we don’t eat any more, some logistical nightmares in terms of using and rotating that I hadn’t thought of before, and just overall quite a few holes in my preps (especially now that I have a bigger family).
Summer Inventory Project
So I decided that this summer, while the kids are home from school and our schedules aren’t quite as busy, I’m going to do a major inventory of my entire food storage. It’s time to figure out exactly what I have, exactly what I need, and make a plan for getting what I’m missing. If you’ve followed along with me over the years, you’ll know that I like to do things in “babysteps” to avoid overwhelming myself, so I decided to break the project up into 8 weeks of tasks so I can focus on 1 or 2 things each week. Here is what I’ll be going over each week!
- Week 1 (July 6-12) – Emergency Plans / Disaster Kits
- Week 2 (July 13-19) – Shelves / Water
- Week 3 (July 20-26) – Food/Meal Planning
- Week 4 (July 27-Aug 2) – Grains / Legumes / Meats
- Week 5 (Aug 3-9) – Basics / Fruits / Veggies
- Week 6 (Aug 10-16) – Comfort Foods / Condiments / Non-Food Items
- Week 7 (Aug 17-24) – Emergency Supplies / First Aid
- Week 8 (Aug 25-Aug 31) – Powerless Cooking Tools / Cooking Fuels
Summer Inventory CHALLENGE
Want to join in the fun with me and do your own little inventory challenge for the summer? Here’s how you can participate and win some fun prizes too!
- Join my email newsletter list. I’ll be sending out an overview of each week’s challenge via email. You can follow along with what I’m doing and take your own inventory as well.
- Join my Facebook group. I’ll be doing a Facebook Live on Monday night to discuss what we will be working on for the upcoming week. All of these will be uploaded to YouTube and sent out via email the next day but if you want to catch them live and join in the discussion you’ll need to join the group.
- Follow me on InstaGram. I’ll be sharing a behind the scenes look at my whole process via stories.
- Share your progress! You can share in the facebook group, post via Instagram and tag me (jodi_foodstoragemadeeasy), or send via email if you want to remain anonymous. I’ll be re-posting people’s pics throughout the challenge so everyone can share ideas and learn from each other.
Each week I’ll be giving away a prize related to the area of food storage we are inventorying that week. The more you comment on the posts and share your own inventory updates the more likely you are to win!
Good luck and have fun
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation.
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
MitoCopper - Bioavailable Copper destroys pathogens and gives you more energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video).