By Tyler Durden / ZeroHedge.com
- An assailant was shot outside the British parliament by armed police, the leader of the House of Commons said on Wednesday after loud bangs were heard and a Reuters photographer saw at least a dozen injured people on a nearby bridge.
- A four-wheeled drive SUV said to have driven over Westminster Bridge knocking down pedestrians this afternoon, which according to VoA reports have lead to at least five casualties
- Knifeman then got into the grounds of Parliament where he reportedly stabbed a police officer
- The ‘middle-aged’ attacker was then shot by armed officers as the area was cleared by emergency services
- The London Police say they are treating the parliament attack as a terror incident.
- Parliament was suspended and the Prime Minister was rushed from the scene in an unmarked police car
- The UK Commons leader adds that a man policeman was apparently stabbed and that the assailant has been shot.
- A parliamentary official earlier said two people had been shot outside parliament and the building was in lockdown. The House of Commons session was suspended and members of parliament who were in the chamber were told to remain there.
- A Reuters reporter inside the building said medical staff were treating two people inside the gates of the parliamentary estate.
According to the Mail, a knife-wielding attacker was shot by armed police in the grounds of Parliament today after pedestrians were mowed down on Westminster Bridge.
Emergency teams were seen carrying out CPR inside the palace grounds in New Palace Yard
More than 10 people are said to have been hit by a car on Westminster Bridge after a vehicle described as a ’4×4′ SUV reportedly drove into pedestrians and cyclists.
The alleged vehicle that mowed down people
A ‘middle-aged’ armed intruder then managed to break into the grounds of the Houses of Parliament and stabbed a police officer before he was shot, reports suggest.
Three injured people were seen on the floor outside Parliament and the Palace was placed on an immediate lock down.
Prime Minister Theresa May is said to have been bundled into a car by a plain-clothes police officer and driven quickly from the scene.
It is thought a lone attacker drove the vehicle across Westminster Bridge before crashing into a fence at the Houses of Parliament and getting into the grounds. He is then said to have stabbed a police officer before he was shot by another policeman.
Commons Leader David Lidington told MPs a ‘police officer has been stabbed’ and the ‘alleged assailant was shot by armed police’ following a ‘serious’ incident within the parliamentary estate. The House of Commons was suspended by Deputy Speaker Lindsay Hoyle. MPs have been ordered to wait inside the Commons chamber.
People outside the palace could be seen running from the scene when the shots were heard. An eye witness said that a car was seen to mow down five people on Westminster Bridge. Police are then believed to have shot a man who tried to enter the Parliamentary Estate.
The Air Ambulance landed in to Parliament Square.
Twelve police cars and vans were outside the Palace in the moments after the incident. The dramatic incident comes weeks after it was revealed that UK security services have foiled 13 potential attacks in less than four years, while counter-terrorism units are running more than 500 investigations at any time.
The official threat level for international terrorism has stood at severe, meaning an attack is ‘highly likely’, for more than two years. Liberal Democrat transport spokeswoman Baroness Randerson said countries seem to have been ‘singled out based on religious beliefs’.
‘Of course safety is paramount at all times and we all need to remain vigilant but this ban needs to be explained in detail,’ she said.
A woman lies injured after a shooting incident on Westminster Bridge in London
- ALLEGED ASSAILANT WAS SHOT AT UK PARLIAMENT BY ARMED POLICE – LEADER OF THE HOUSE OF COMMONS
- POLICEMAN STABBED, MAN SHOT; REPORTS OF OTHER INCIDENTS. PARLIAMENT SITTING SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE: MNI
Two people have reportedly been shot outside the U.K. parliament building in London, in a developing incident that may have taken place on the adjacent Westminster Bridge.
A parliamentary clerk told Reuters two people had been shot, but there was no official confirmation from the police. A Reuters photographer said he saw at least a dozen people injured on Westminster Bridge near the parliament building.
Reports said that a man was seen waving a knife and police said they treating the situation as a firearm incident.
* * *
Shots have been reportedly fired outside UK parliament in London, where two people have been reportedly shot outside the gates to parliament, Reuters and Bloomberg report with iTV adding that explosions heard outside British Parliament, the building on lockdown.
The Sun reports that a car mowed down a dozen pedestrians on Westminster Bridge.
According to SkyNews, waves of people’ have been seen running from Parliament amid reports of gunfire, while Reuters adds that around six people are injured on Westminster Bridgeg.
As BBC adds, politicians and journalists have tweeted about hearing loud crashes outside the buildings, as witnesses said they saw people being treated for injuries.
Witnesses have reported seeing a man with a knife within the palace grounds.
A police officer has also told a BBC’s political editor that someone has been shot outside Portcullis House.
- SHOTS FIRED OUTSIDE U.K. PARLIAMENT IN LONDON: BBG
- PEOPLE ON GROUND ARE WITHIN PRECINCTS OF PARLIAMENT IN LONDON
- HOUSE OF COMMONS SITTING HAS BEEN SUSPENDED
- REUTERS PHOTOGRAPHER SEES AROUND SIX PEOPLE INJURED ON WESTMINSTER BRIDGE OUTSIDE BRITISH PARLIAMENT
- AT LEAST ONE PERSON BEING TREATED, HELD AT GUNPOINT BY POLICE
- ARMED POLICE SEEN RUNNING TO EXIT FROM UK PARLIAMENT – REUTERS WITNESS
- REUTERS PHOTOGRAPHER SAYS SEES AT LEAST A DOZEN INJURED PEOPLE ON WESTMINSTER BRIDGE NEAR PARLIAMENT
- TRANSPORT FOR LONDON SAYS UNDERGROUND STATION AT WESTMINSTER HAS BEEN SHUT AT POLICE REQUEST
Shots fired outside Parliament. Loud explosion then shooting. Man lying shot outside gates to Parliament. Gun shots outside, Frightening.
More great articles here: http://www.zerohedge.com
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)
Immusist Beverage Concentrate - Proprietary blend, formulated to reduce inflammation while hydrating and oxygenating the cells.