Every successful budget traveler knows the importance of frequent flyer miles. If you want to save money on your trips, then doing everything possible to get free plane tickets – or upgrades or even a partial ticket – is going to help you greatly when trying to spend less and still get to where you want to go.
Traveling on a budget doesn’t mean that you can’t visit far off and exotic places. It just means you have to be more creative with your planning and spend a little more time searching for bargains on things you want to see and do. Not quite sure how they work or how you will ever fly enough to earn a reward seat? Then read on!
Sign up for your favorite airlines
Earn on the ground
- Get a credit card that earns miles – Maybe your debit card already has this feature or it is available as an add-on through your bank. If not, there are a ton of other cards out there to choose from. You might as well earn bonus miles for things you will be buying anyway.
- Rent a car – You can rack up miles by driving! When you fill in your reservation info online, make sure to add your frequent flyer number before you finish booking.
- Stay in a hotel – Just like with a rental car, you can gain miles by sleeping in most chain accommodations.
- Buy stuff online – Buy items from travel merchants through your airline’s retail site to maximize your points. You can also sign up for ThanksAgain.com to bulk up your mileage by eating, parking and shopping at the airport and other off-site merchants.
- Eat out – If you dine out regularly, check out your mileage dining program. Register your preferred credit cards and eat out as usual. You’ll automatically earn points at participating restaurants when you use those cards.
Want to read more tips for traveling worldwide on a budget? Check out my blog at Shereen Travels Cheap or find me on Facebook or Twitter. You’ll also find product and website suggestions, packing tips, current deals and a whole lot more to help you travel better for less!
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation.
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
MitoCopper - Bioavailable Copper destroys pathogens and gives you more energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video).