Former Vikings Guard Steve Hutchinson a Finalist for the 2019 Class in the Pro Football Hall of Fame
There just might be come purple in the Pro Football Hall of Fame after all in 2019, as Thursday this website and others reported that former Vikings guard Steve Hutchinson has been named as a finalist into the Hall of Fame class of 2019.
The offensive guard last year came up short in his bid to get into the Hall, but with his advancement on Thursday he now gets another chance.
Hutchinson went from the list of 25 down to 15. The announcement of who will make the Hall will be announced in Atlanta on February 2nd, the night before Super Bowl LIII.
In his career the guard was a pros pro, as he played with the Vikings from 2006-11, making four Pro Bowls and being named All-Pro three times.
Before coming to the the Vikings he started his career with the Seattle Seahawks from 2001-05, and his final ride came with the Titans in Tennessee in 2012.
Hutchinson made seven Pro Bowls and was All-Pro five times in his career, and was a huge force on any offensive line that he was a part of.
The guard started on Michigan’s 1997 national championship team as a redshirt freshman and is one of four offensive linemen among this year’s finalists.
Here’s the full list of modern-era finalists:
• Steve Atwater, Safety – 1989-1998 Denver Broncos, 1999 New York Jets
• Champ Bailey, Cornerback – 1999-2003 Washington Redskins, 2004-2013 Denver Broncos
• Tony Boselli, Tackle – 1995-2001 Jacksonville Jaguars
• Isaac Bruce, Wide Receiver – 1994-2007 Los Angeles/St. Louis Rams, 2008-09 San Francisco 49ers
• Don Coryell, Coach – 1973-77 St. Louis Cardinals, 1978-1986 San Diego Chargers
• Alan Faneca, Guard – 1998-2007 Pittsburgh Steelers, 2008-09 New York Jets, 2010 Arizona Cardinals
• Tom Flores, Coach – 1979-1987 Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders, 1992-94 Seattle Seahawks
• Tony Gonzalez, Tight End – 1997-2008 Kansas City Chiefs, 2009-2013 Atlanta Falcons
• Steve Hutchinson, Guard – 2001-05 Seattle Seahawks, 2006-2011 Minnesota Vikings, 2012 Tennessee Titans
• Edgerrin James, Running Back – 1999-2005 Indianapolis Colts, 2006-08 Arizona Cardinals, 2009 Seattle Seahawks
• Ty Law, Cornerback – 1995-2004 New England Patriots, 2005, 2008 New York Jets, 2006-07 Kansas City Chiefs, 2009 Denver Broncos
• John Lynch, Free Safety – 1993-2003 Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 2004-07 Denver Broncos
• Kevin Mawae, Center – 1994-97 Seattle Seahawks, 1998-2005 New York Jets, 2006-09 Tennessee Titans
• Ed Reed, Safety – 2002-2012 Baltimore Ravens, 2013 Houston Texans, 2013 New York Jets
• Richard Seymour, Defensive End/Defensive Tackle – 2001-08 New England Patriots, 2009-2012
The post Former Vikings Guard Steve Hutchinson a Finalist for the 2019 Class in the Pro Football Hall of Fame appeared first on Vikings Gab.