As deadly Cyclone Cook bears down on New Zealand, people there continue to be warned to prepare for destruction like they have never seen. Damaging gales, storm surges and widespread flooding have begun. According to MetService, no part of New Zealand will be being spared from Cyclone Cook’s historic vengeance.
MetService is warning locals to brace for power outages and road blocks with the cyclone to bring similar conditions to the storm that sunk the Wahine in 1968, killing 51 passengers.
‘I have never seen an event like this in the 12 years I have been a forecaster in New Zealand… this is not an event to be taken lightly,’ MetService forecaster Lisa Murray said on Wednesday.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Cyclone Cook (now an ex-tropical cyclone) is expected to reach New Zealand’s North Island by Thursday afternoon, bringing heavy rain and gales to already-battered parts of the country.
- It could bring the same intensity as the storm that sank the Wahine in 1968, according to Met Service.
- Significant rain is already flooding areas of Auckland, Waikato, Coromandel and top of the South Island.
- <a href=”http://www.metservice.com/warnings/severe-weather-warnings” target=”blank”>Severe weather warnings are in place for most of the North Island.
- Bay of Plenty has upgraded its state of emergency. Up to 300mm of rain is forecast to hit this already-sodden area.
- A civil defence emergency has been declared in Thames-Coromandel. Easter travellers have been warned by the mayor to stay away.
- Many flights out of Auckland airport are delayed with transport bosses warning of potential chaos Thursday.
- Lisa Murray at MetService was worried Kiwis have not been taking weather warnings seriously enough. She said she had never seen an event like this, in her 12 years as a forecaster in New Zealand.
- <a href=”http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/91486811/what-each-region-can-expect-from-cyclone-cook” target=”blank”>Read more: <a href=”http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/91486811/what-each-region-can-expect-from-cyclone-cook” target=”blank”>What can each region expect?
- <a href=”http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/91505223/in-pictures-heavy-rain-hits-nz” target=”blank”>In pictures: Heavy rain hits New Zealand
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation.
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
MitoCopper - Bioavailable Copper destroys pathogens and gives you more energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video).