It’s a little late for the traditional writer’s New Year post, listing my prior accomplishments and this year’s goals, but I figure this way I’m at an advantage. Because I’ve already accomplished some things this year!
In truth, these posts are more for my own sake than yours. They help me look back and see that I’m actually getting things done, even when in the moment I feel like a miserable failure.
- Sold one short story, Theogenesis Gimmick, which just came out in the Truth Beyond Paradox anthology, which you can purchase at the link.
- Another of my previously published stories (Meltdown in Freezer Three) became SFWA qualifying (one more till Active Member!)
- Wrote two posts that were published on the SFWA blog.
- Had fun speaking on Radcon 6C panels.
- I was a Norwescon panelist for the first time! Huge bucket list accomplishment.
- Presented at Sunstone Symposium for the first time. An amazing experience that I would like to repeat.
- Presented at an International Cultic Studies Association (ICSA) conference on Helping Former Members and Their Families in Santa Fe.
- My talk was selected to present at the big ICSA conference in Dallas next summer.
- Created a number of video podcasts analyzing LDS Conference talks, with Jonathan Streeter.
- In spite of the financial challenges getting there, I helped launch the first year of the DEFCON Biohacking Village, and committed to running their CFP Review in 2016.
- Attended Rainforest Writer’s Retreat.
- Wrote a large number of Recovering Agency blog posts, including in-depth conference talk analyses
- Participated heavily in the outrage against the LDS LGBT Exclusion Policy, and helped comfort (and allowed myself to be comforted) those who were impacted by this decision.
- Moved to a wonderful new house.
- Learned an unbelievable amount about life and grew in ways that’s really difficult to quantify.
- Had a number of significant spiritual experiences which are difficult to quantify or even explain.
- Keep surviving (because some days it’s still hard!)
- Continue trauma recovery and be happy with where I’m at.
- Release the Recovering Agency audiobook.
- Submit more stories, publish more fiction.
- Write more fiction.
- Make more income.
- Successfully run the CFP for the DEFCON Biohacking Village.
- Speak at Sunstone Symposium on multiple topics.
- Speak at ICSA Dallas (already accepted!)
- Panels at NWC and Radcon (already did Radcon!)
- More blog posts and mind control analysis of LDS Conference Talks.
- More writing for the SFWA blog.
- Complete my first paid speaking gig (already accepted!)
- Publish a few more short ebooks using material I’ve already written.
- More guest posts. Stretch goal: maybe even a big one on a well-known and possibly paying blog, like HuffPo, MarySue, Jezebel. Bonus points if it pays!
- Stretch goal: Write and/or publish a new book, either fiction or nonfiction.
Luna Lindsey (link: http://www.lunalinsey.com) is an indie author of speculative fiction. Her blog covers many topics, including books, writing, feminism, humor, geek culture, political philosophy, weird photos, and random musings.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)
Immusist Beverage Concentrate - Proprietary blend, formulated to reduce inflammation while hydrating and oxygenating the cells.