One of my favourite salads is what Greeks call a Spring or Easter Salad. Many of the ingredients are in season in Spring and it’s always a hit with my non-Greek guests.
Today’s salad is a fancier Spring salad and more filling – it could be a light meal with the addition of potatoes and eggs. There are some green peas, the usual scallions, sun-dried tomato and the must-have chopped fresh dill.
The salad is as delicious as it looks and I just may make one again today for lunch!
Romaine Salad With Potatoes, Egg, Sun Dried Tomato, Dill
12 baby potatoes, skin on
1 head of Romaine lettuce
4 scallions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup thinly sliced sundried tomato
1/2 cup green peas (thawed from frozen or fresh)
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh dill
For garnish – 3 hard boiled eggs, quartered
1 tsp. Dijon style mustard
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Place your potatoes in a pot with cold water. Turn the heat to med-high and once boiling, season the water well with salt and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until fork tender. Remove from the pot, drain.
- As soon as the potatoes are cool enough to handle, and cut in halves, toss in olive oil, wine vinegar and salt and pepper to taste. Divide and place in each salad plate/bowl.
- In to a large bowl, finely chop your romaine lettuce, add scallions, sun-dried tomatoes, peas and dill.
- To make your dressing, to a jar add the mustard, vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Place lid on, shake then adjust seasoning.
- Add half dressing to the salad greens and toss. Taste, add more dressing as desired. Divide and plate the salad.
- Crack your eggs, peel and quarter. Garnish each salad with eggs. Drizzle eggs with olive oil, salt and pepper and serve.
How to Boil Eggs: Place cold eggs in a single layer in a saucepan. Cover with at least 1 inch (2.5 cm) cold water over top of the eggs. Cover saucepan and bring quickly to a boil over a high heat. Immediately remove pan from heat to stop boiling. Let eggs stand in water for 4-12 minutes (depending how soft or hard you like them). Drain eggs and place in cold water until they are no longer warm. Peel away.
© 2021, Peter Minaki. All rights reserved.
The post Romaine Salad With Potatoes, Egg, Sun Dried Tomato, Dill first appeared on KALOFAGAS | GREEK FOOD & BEYOND.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)
Immusist Beverage Concentrate - Proprietary blend, formulated to reduce inflammation while hydrating and oxygenating the cells.