For the longest of time, there was basically one multi-tool that dominated the market: the Swiss Army knife. And with its array of tools that come in an all-in-one package, the Swiss Army Knife was without a doubt the king of all survival multi-tools and it dominated the market for decades until some enterprising companies and individuals decided that it was time to give the handy Swiss Army Knife a competition and a run for its money. As a result, the market is now flooded with different types of survival multi-tools that are capable of multiple functions.
Today, survival multi-tools are more complicated, exciting and versatile than ever before. There are practically hundreds of different multi-tool designs to choose from, all of which are saying that when it comes to multi-tools, theirs is the best.
In this article, we will be looking at what we consider to be the best multi-tools in the market now. We will scrutinize what each of these multi-tools can offer when it comes to craftsmanship, design and the various functionalities they provide.
Our Top Picks For The Best Survival Multi-Tools of 2019.
- Shaped diamond coated sharpener for maintaining your straight and serrated blade.
- Fire-starting ferrorod, and an emergency whistle.
- Closed Length: 4.5 in (11.43 cm).
- Weight: 7.5 oz (212.6 g).
- Blade Length: 2.73 in (6.93 cm).
- Includes: Safety Whistle, Ferrocerium Rod, Diamond Sharpener.
- GUARANTEED: Our 25-year limited warranty ensures that your Leatherman will give you many years of dependable service. Just send it in and we’ll fix it up.
- All Leatherman multi-tools are made and repaired right here in the USA.
It’s one of the best because…
The Leatherman signal is a multi-tool that features a whopping 19 different tools that are forged from 420HC stainless steel. It also has corrosion and scratch resistance properties due to its diamond like coating or DLC that is applied on all the tools. The Leatherman signal multi-tool has a closed length of 4.5 inches. Its main blade is 2.73 inches long and its total weight is 7.5 ounces. The Leatherman signal also has a steel clip that helps secure the tool from falling out from your pockets.
The 19 tools of the Leatherman Signal may be too much to grasp at the beginning and as a newbie, you will find no need for all of these tools. Also, some of the tools like the two box wrenches and the hammer are not instantly recognizable without the help of the tool instruction kit. But for someone who has a lot of experience with multi-tools, the endless features of the Leatherman Signal is a joy to behold. Tools such as the pliers have great grip and strength, the saw can easily cut through branches with 2-inch diameter, the knife doesn’t need sharpening even after a month of use and the Signal’s open and lock mechanism is also easy to use.One great feature of the Leatherman Signal is that, the tool can be disassembled by using a small torch wrench. This means that the parts of the tool can be individually replaced if they are damaged.
Pros and Cons of the Leatherman Signal
- The pocket clip and biner-style clip gives two great carry options.
- Practical functionality.
- For a full size tool, the Signal is fairly light at just 7.05oz.
- Strong frame locks for both the saw and knife make using both secure and safe.
- Quality construction and clever problem solving throughout.
- The tool locks closed for ‘biner carry.
- Replaceable wire cutters mean you can really take full advantage of the strong, precise pliers to cut stuff that would otherwise damage your tool.
- Great build quality overall
- A bit expensive.
Get yours HERE
- Features 27 robust functions to complete your toolbox including – Needle nose pliers, Phillips screwdriver, leather pouch, and combi-edge blade (See product description for full list of functions)
- Stainless steel construction provides lightweight and lasting durability for long term use
- Unique design allows you to access each tool individually from the outside of the handle; tools lock into place when opened and fold away with a simple slide of the release button
- Length: 4.13″ (105mm), Height: 1.22″, Weight: 9.8oz
- Made in Switzerland; Victorinox provides a lifetime guarantee against defects in material and workmanship
- Folding multi-tool with 27 functions and stainless-steel body
- 2mm, 3mm, and 6mm screwdrivers; Phillips head screwdriver
It’s one of the best because…
When it comes to design, versatility and quality, the Victorinox SwissTool is considered as one of the best survival multi-tool in the market today. Its compact size and lightweight design mean it’s never a hustle to take along. The handle of the Victorinox is also one of its best features; comfortable, secure and stylish.
The Victorinox has a 27 carefully crafted tools that you can use in any survival situation. Function wise, this multi-tool is easy to use. It can be opened easily from the handle’s exterior side without having to open the pliers. Each tool also easily locks in place, eliminating multi-tool mishaps.
So, if you are looking for a quality and top of the line survival multi-tool that you can use in any situation, the Victorinox SwissTool is a great choice.
Pros and Cons of the Victorinox SwissTool
- Tons of tools (37 functions)
- Easy to use
- Comes with pouch
- Functions as mini toolkit
- Lifetime guarantee against defects in material and workmanship
- Has a few loose pieces
Get Yours HERE
- 18 Stainless Steel Multi-tools
- Patented compound leverage
- Lock tools with power lock
- EDC Multi-tool sheath in ballistic nylon
- SOG multi-tool for life
- Weight: 9.6oz
- Material: Stainless Steel
It’s one of the best because…
When it comes to pocket versions of multi-tools, the SOG is one of the best. It has 16 different tools, including fully serrated and straight edge blade. And compared to other pocket version multi-tools in the market today, the SOG contains many more tools than what you will normally find in other pocket version multi-tools.
The SOG multi-tool features the company’s patented compound leverage that enhances grip and cutting force. One of the best features of this multi-tool is its power assist feature for opening quickly with one hand, while tools lock to ward off injury.
The SOG has a black oxide finish and stainless steel handle. It can completely close up or flip open to create pliers or become a knife.
While it is true that the SOG is a little bit heavy for a multi-tool, it does have a lanyard hole and sheath options like hook and loop closure and belt through loop. Overall, the SOG Black Multi-tool is still a great addition to your arsenal of survival tools.
Pros and Cons of the SOG Black Multi-Tool
- Two easy to open blades
- Plenty of tools
- Sleek and stylish body
- Doesn’t include scissors
Get Yours HERE
Remember that the best multi-tool for one survivalist is not necessarily the best for another. However, any of the above 3 survival multi-tools we reviewed in this article is worth trying. Each is a great multi-tool in its own way and can be really helpful in a survival situation wherever you may be. Tell us your thoughts in the comments section.
The post The Best Survival Multi-Tools of 2019! appeared first on Survival, Prepping, Homesteading Skills For Everyday Folk.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 888-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
pathogens and gives you more
energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)
Immusist Beverage Concentrate - Proprietary blend, formulated to reduce inflammation while hydrating and oxygenating the cells.