By J.B. Williams
March 22, 2014
The recent CPAC conference and poll is beyond disturbing. It’s downright frightening…
CPAC is allegedly a political action committee of, by and for “conservative” political operatives. But you won’t be able to prove that by the results of the most recent meeting, which resulted in 2016 Presidential support for Libertarian Rand Paul and constitutionally ineligible Ted Cruz, a Cuban from Canada.
Clearly, current members of CPAC, like current members of the Republican National Committee (RNC), have totally lost sight of what it is to be a “conservative.” When even the conservative PACs are promoting non-conservatives and ineligible candidates, how in the hell can anyone take a serious stab at electing a real American conservative today?
Would anyone in America vote for a REAL conservative today?
I’m afraid we are witnessing the final gasp of the once Grand Ole Party in America. Although a vast majority of Americans identify themselves as “conservatives,” a shrinking number of those people identify with America’s alleged conservative party, the Republican Party.
According to a recent Pew Research survey, “staunch conservatives” believe the following…
• Extremely critical of the federal government
• Favor peace through strength and active foreign engagement
• Pro-business; against stricter environmental laws and regulations
• Strongly opposed to abortion and same-sex marriage
• Convinced the 2010 health care law will be bad for the country
• View [illegal] immigrants as a threat to traditional American customs and values
According to survey results, only 9% of respondents were “staunch conservatives” on this basis.
• 84% of them are registered Republicans
• 72% tend to agree with Tea Party rhetoric
• 61% are over age 50
• 56% are financially stable, married, males
• 57% own guns and attend church
• 54% watch FOX News regularly
How do you elect a staunch conservative with these numbers?
An even more critical question is how do you save a Constitutional Republic without electing staunch conservatives, at a time in history when morally and ethically sound Constitutional Republicans are in short supply, and demonized by the other 91% of the politically active?
Where is the political support trending among other ideological voters?
• 55% believe government is an efficient solution, not the problem
• 31% believe in peace through weakness and global appeasement
• 39% believe government should control private earnings and return on investment
• 39% believe we need stricter environmental protection laws
• 51% believe the government can’t afford more social spending
• 27% believe ObamaCare is good for the country
• 71% claim religion an important part of their lives
• 38% believe the USA is no longer the best country in the world
• 39% believe immigrants threaten America today
At a time when America is more politically divided than ever, and an increasing number of citizens are dependent upon some form of government subsidy, can our Constitutional Republic be saved via an election process that is less reliable than the purple fingers of Iraq?
Political divisions are not at all unusual in America. They have existed since the beginning when Federalists and Anti-Federalists went at it over the creation of the Constitution and Bill of Rights.
Much more dangerous are the clear divisions inside the GOP, Americas “conservative” party. The recent CPAC event shines a bright light on those divisions, wherein a “conservative” PAC can’t even identify or advance a true conservative from within.
The GOP has been trying to overcome the RINO faction running the RNC for years now, without much success. That divide in the party left the door open for the libertarian movement to enter the battle for GOP power.
What do libertarians and conservatives have in common?
continue reading at News With Views:
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com
Get our Free Ebook, "Suppressed Health Secrets" with Natural Cures THEY don't want you to know!
HuMineral Humic and Fulvic Liquid - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Organic Hemp Extract (CBD) - Full Spectrum high CBD (3300mg) hemp extract eases stiff joints, relieves stress and more!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video)